Quantcast

What do you think of Konas?

B-Loco

Chimp
Aug 13, 2001
South Florida
I agree the geometry on Kona's are sweet if they fit you. The sloped TT gives you some more stand over height. Kona's are like the fisher bikes, if the geometry fits you than the ride will be sooo nice.

I haven't heard much about the frames cracking, but based on what KB said some more in-depth research would be a good idea. Talk to LBS stores, and check the warrenty and length of warrenty. I think Kona's are pretty sweet even though I don't fit the geo that well.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Spud

Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Idaho (no really!)
Don't know about the FS bikes. But I love the geometry of my Lava Dome (sizing is very funky - I'm 6' but riding a 17" frame with a mile of seatpost). The frame is circa '94 but everything else has pretty much been upgraded once or twice. Plus the wear on the paint job makes it much less noticeable in the bike rack.

The local Kona dealer is on my fecal roster (other issues) so I haven't looked at their current line in a while.

Merwin5_10

Don't Mess With Texas!
Jul 6, 2001
Austin, Texas
If you buy a Kona, try to get one with the Scandium Aluminum. I'd recommend looking at the Explosif which is awesome. Kona's have a good bang for your buck too.