Quantcast

What do you think of the 05' Specialized Enduro Expert

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
2005 Enduro Expert Info

I have a 2006 that is used mostly for agressive XC/FR with a DHX coil, Clutch DH tires, DRS, and a Specialized telescopic seatpost added.

Yours probably weighs in the low 30's. Not sure why some others feel it's a beginner or entry level bike, because it's not. It's a great all-around bike.

You may want to look into replacing the 5th element at some point.

EasyE

Monkey
Oct 2, 2009
Fremont,CA
Dont worry. I never took it that way.From what I have seen this bike is a 3000 dollar bike(new) so I cant imagine it being a "beginner" bike , my wife thought the 99 dollar " full suspension"@Target looked like a really good bike...haha now thats a "beginner" bike.....well that might be a stretch calling it a "bike" LOL

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I have to apologize.

I exhibited the exact behavior which I have been complaining about, the less-than-helpful attitude on RM which comes with a vast amount of experience with bicycles.

I consider what I do here on RM as an extension of my personality, and I don't want participate in this kind of behavior.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
btw,

Weight is only a small part of buying any bicycle.

An Enduro Expert weights 4lbs more than a S-Works Enduro from the same year. I know because I've sold and ridden both.

However, like most people, I'm pretty sure you can lose 4lbs, negating the weight difference.

What would be more relevant is losing weight in the wheels, which rotational weight makes a noticeable difference in acceleration.

Most noobs focus on easiest ways to measure bike performance, like weight. However, if you were planning on doing N* runs, 35lbs is relatively light, or rides in Pleasanton Ridge would be way heavy.

Price is a factor here, because you cannot get a light bike than runs for cheap.

Ultimately weight questions tend to the ridiculous because it all relative to your weight, riding style, and where you ride.

EasyE

Monkey
Oct 2, 2009
Fremont,CA
I have to apologize.

I exhibited the exact behavior which I have been complaining about, the less-than-helpful attitude on RM which comes with a vast amount of experience with bicycles.

I consider what I do here on RM as an extension of my personality, and I don't want participate in this kind of behavior.
Apology accepted...I am only here to learn and make friends.

EasyE

Monkey
Oct 2, 2009
Fremont,CA
Price is a factor here, because you cannot get a light bike than runs for cheap.

Ultimately weight questions tend to the ridiculous because it all relative to your weight, riding style, and where you ride.
This is the GOOD INFO and ADVICE you should have gave me the first time even though I asked a POSER question...hahaha. No worry's bro !

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
This is the GOOD INFO and ADVICE you should have gave me the first time even though I asked a POSER question...hahaha. No worry's bro !
I thought you were a 12 year old. Maybe a 12 year old with a wife.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I have to object to all this bike talk in the lounge. Isn't there some place y'all can go to talk bikes? Damn.

:D