Quantcast

What do you want to see at a resort?

jamesdc

Monkey
May 6, 2007
I thought it would be cool to start a list of what everyone wants to see at resorts. Whistler prety much has it perfect but this might be useful to the smaller resorts that want to develop good trails. I'll start

Lots of ruts and braking bumps on the dh trails!!!!!!!

BIG jumps at the end of the runs, almost all the trails I have ridden at resorts you have a ton of speed at the end and it would be cool to have a HUGE moto style jump at the end, either a table or caseable double so not everyone has to clear it.

Dirt jump parks at the bottom of the lifts, everything from begginner lines all the way up to expert level lines.

Rover Nick

Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
Resorts need awesome kick-ass trails and more races.

But they should make all their tracks distinctly different. For example one thats steep, rocky and gnarly. One with big jumps and hips. And on thats just fast and flowy wih some gnar thrown for good measure.

Oh yeah, more boobies:busted:

SBDHrida

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
aMERica
What do I want to see at a resort? Tits, but that works for everywhere else too.

As far as riding goes, I agree with Rover Nick that resorts should have a large variety of terrain. Ideally, a good resort should be a training ground for every type of race course or DH ride.

bronze09

Chimp
Jun 22, 2007
But they should make all their tracks distinctly different. For example one thats steep, rocky and gnarly. One with big jumps and hips. And on thats just fast and flowy wih some gnar thrown for good measure.

QUOTE]

definitely agree

also - I like wall rides, big step-ups, and old school gnarly DH

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
faster lift lines, better bike mounts on the chair lifts, and well more trails. i mean here in NC all of our dh trails are different but thats not at the resorts. they have one or two trails and well there both about the same . lets throw in some variables here.

bronze09

Chimp
Jun 22, 2007
faster lift lines, better bike mounts on the chair lifts, and well more trails. i mean here in NC all of our dh trails are different but thats not at the resorts. they have one or two trails and well there both about the same . lets throw in some variables here.
Nobody would want longer lift lines or worse bike mounts, but I think bike parks should invest their limited resources in trail building rather than fancy bike mounts.

Alloy

Monkey
Aug 13, 2004
thousand oaks, ca
Bars and nightlife at the bottom, that's why whistler is so nice... Sun Peaks had some stuff going on too. Mammoth is terrible... I almost got killed by a drunken Indian, then once I befriended him with a screwdiver, I spent the rest of the night listening to him bitch about the white man and his father's country. ...then later Shivermetimbers went gay on me... It doesn't get any worse then that. Without women bad stuff happens.

big-ted

Danced with A, attacked by C, fired by D.
Sep 27, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Open most of the year.

Tickets to offer value for money in terms of accessible terrain variety of trails etc.

Bike washing facilities.

Total lift time (queuing and riding) reasonable given elevation gain.

Helpful, well stocked, bike shop in the area.

.Pit Steelers.

Nostradumbass
Jun 18, 2006
Hawaii
Not take a bus up to the lift (Mammoth) Of course it's hella fun there aside from the huge B-bumps.
Again bike washing area i think Whistler had last time i was there some 4 years ago.
Better prices, ALL trails open WHEN THEY SAID THEY WERE GOING TO BE OPEN. NOT A WEEK LATER.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Bars and nightlife at the bottom, that's why whistler is so nice... Sun Peaks had some stuff going on too. Mammoth is terrible... I almost got killed by a drunken Indian, then once I befriended him with a screwdiver, I spent the rest of the night listening to him bitch about the white man and his father's country. ...
Heh.....sorry bout that man.:redface:

You know how the fire water gets to me.

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
staff, competent, happy staff. Groomed trails ie. no dead trees close to the trail and reasonable drainage. Im certainly not asking for dry conditions but you shouldnt be jumping in to pools. I think it would also be cool to see some more rider friendly accommodations at the mtn hotels.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Trails for my beginner friends to try too that aren't just lame fire road back to the lifts.

More fast and flowy trails (which I know are hard to maintain unfortunately).

vtminuteman

Monkey
Nov 29, 2004
Sharon VT
1. Quality trail building crew (listens to riders and is hard working)
2. A fast lift (detatchable)
3. A good bike shop (lot of parts and knowledge)
4. Cheap camping with access to bathrooms w/ showers.
5. Food, Drink, Hotel rooms

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
1. Quality trail building crew (listens to riders and is hard working)
2. A fast lift (detatchable)
3. A good bike shop (lot of parts and knowledge)
4. Cheap camping with access to bathrooms w/ showers.
5. Food, Drink, Hotel rooms
:stupid: Those are definite necessities for good bike parks. Hotels should at least be nearby...not necessarily like the big one right in front of the lifts at Whistler. Showers at cheap camping areas close to the lifts for sure!

BIGHITR

WINNING!
Nov 14, 2007
Maryland, east coast.
Lower: Put in all of the below...

Lift prices
Beer prices
Food prices
Room prices

Oh, and the sVEEEDISH bikini team ready to massage my sore muscles end of day. Without their bikini's.

......For no charge of course. :biggrin: