What do you wear under your jammies?

to cradle my boys, I prefer

• boxers/briefs

Votes: 32 47.8%
  • standard cycling shorts

Votes: 23 34.3%
  • bib shorts or tri-suit

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • something else (suit, armored shorts, etc.)

Votes: 8 11.9%

• Total voters

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
What do you wear as a base layer while DHing? I've always worn padded cycling shorts, then any butt-armor if I decide I need it, then my moto shorts.

What do you wear? Anybody in Bibs? Tri-suits? Something weird? I expect most people are probably boxers or briefs...

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
wow, really dude? don't you get like sticks and bugs up there? or do you like that?

just looking at new riding shorts and I was wondering if there's anything better than the standard crotch pad variety, or if there are DH specific ones that are worth thinking about, stuff like that. My shorts are past their prime.

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
wang slap or ball crushing is never desirable, nor is soggy sweat soaked boxxers, padded cycling shorts all the way, no question about it.....

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
wow, really dude? don't you get like sticks and bugs up there? or do you like that?
For DH I typically free ball with Fox or troy lee shorts. I have never found any sticks or bugs.

Trailriding I have fox shorts with the man pad built in.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I wear loose baggies on trail rides but I am not a fan of the nut-banging that comes from wearing loose shorts for DH. I have a couple pair of Crash Pad shorts with a padded liner and foam pads on the sides. They have a (newer?) model with tail protection that seem pretty good.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
I get swamp arse and swamp ballz no matter what i'm wearing while riding DH. Usually boxer briefs or XC lycra shorts. But i always end up with swampy junk. I just wear something that'll keep my boyz from flyin all over the hizzy while i'm riding.

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
Whatever Sam Hill/Gee Atherton/Kovarik/Stevie Smith/Steve Peat/whoever else is the Tiger Beat DHer of the week wears.

Duh.

boone

Monkey
Jun 27, 2005
AAahhh man...this reminds me of a bad story from two years ago (what you wear under not the minnaar pic):

I had been running padded cycling shorts under my DH shorts for a couple years no problem. However one day was really hot, I had a couple diggers in the sand but overall the riding was great and everyone was amped to ride all day.
By the end of the day though my ass cheeks started inching like crazy. When I went back to camp I stripped down and jumped into the lake hoping to relieve the itches. Ohhhhh boy....THE most pain I have ever felt. Come to find out I had a bunch of sand on my man pad. That combined with the swamp ass from the heat of the day and hard riding was enough to wear a layer of skin off the entire region around my man pad. Holy Crapper did that suck.

Lesson of the day...keep your arse dry kids!!

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
Sounds like i might have to get me a pair of underarmour undies to try out. Maybe i'll throw some baby powder on my nutz too. That'll keep em dry for a while. one of my buddies does that in the summer. never tried it. Might have to though. I hate getting swamp ballz. When i peel them off my taint, it reminds me of the aliens that come out of the pod with the crazy sounds and stuff sticking to them.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I think this summer I will wear what Greg Minnaar wears under his alpinestar kit

Man, that's really weird. My uncle gave me those beer sunglasses as a joke for Christmas and someone gave me that elephant thong as a joke as well...not even kidding. Just gave the thong away as a gag though.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Gotta go with the 7 panel Chamois Lycra shorts underneath my riding shorts. Oh, and for those that ar enot sure, you dont wear chonies with those. Wick that sweat off the good, ride on, no ball smashing or clanging, life is happy