Quantcast

What does May look like on your local trails?

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
check out the ride reports forum in about an hour...

I took a bunch of pics of my local trails with the intent of starting a similar thread. I think it's really cool to see what type of trails other people are riding... all the different terrains and such.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Dammit all that greenery is almost obscuring the rider... get some agent orange will ya fer chrsitsakes!!! LOL

Looks good N8 :thumb:
It's late autum down here so the trails are starting to get muddy.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
It's spring in New England. The ground is still brown from last fall and new leaves are still coming in. No where near as green in the woods as it will be in a month or so.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
the leaves are finally on their way out up here.

it's kinda weird to see bare trees in warm weather (though since friday it's been cool and wet).

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Our trails here in western PA are a combo of everything you guys have posted thus far. I love this time of year,the woods is so bright and vibrant.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
N8 said:
It is full on summer time here... with the heat and humidity to match.
not the case here.
i can ride the xc trails at lake level, but this is still what my weekends are like.

this is me pointing out my line. (with lake tahoe in the background)

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
BAH those photos are incredible! Is that in Washington? I would love to ride those trails someday!

Justsomeguy, that photo just axed my desire to ride with an XC helmet today. Gross...

jacksonpt said:
check out the ride reports forum in about an hour...

I took a bunch of pics of my local trails with the intent of starting a similar thread. I think it's really cool to see what type of trails other people are riding... all the different terrains and such.
Agreed, I tried to start this thread in the DH forum, but ended up getting too many riding shots.

Here's our trails, with the abundant greenery we've all come to know and love. Notice how everything goes straight down, corners are overrated:

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
Like Amy pointed out most of the good trails around tahoe are still covered with snow. It's not that bad to go skiing in the morning and then jump on the bike in the afternoon.

This has forced me to explore the trails around Reno more. There's actually some decent singletrack down in this hell hole. The trails are hard and fast, they went right from mud to mid-summer conditions.

BAH

The Red Baron
Sep 29, 2005
America
bikenweed said:
BAH those photos are incredible! Is that in Washington? I would love to ride those trails someday!
Just give a call if youre ever coming through. Thats capitol forest in Olympia, WA :)

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
BAH said:
Just give a call if youre ever coming through. Thats capitol forest in Olympia, WA :)
It all depends if I can get the coin to go to CrankWorks.
If things happen, I'll definitely try to do a ride in Olympia.
Looks so smooth that the DH bike would definitely be overkill.