Quantcast

What does your Username mean?

kev211

Monkey
Jan 22, 2008
San Diago
Ok, I ran a search, so I appologize if there was already a thread like this, but I thought it would be cool to know what the meaning is behind everybodies usernames. theres some pretty obscure ones out there. So thats it. What do they mean?

Ill start...

My name is Kevin, and the first mx bike I ever raced on weighed 211lbs. When it came time to pick my number for the race, I looked at the headtube and picked 211. ever since then, its been my favorite number. So, howd you pick your username? :)

Defenestrated

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2007
Earth
Dictionary.com

de·fen·es·trate (dē-fěn'ĭ-strāt') Pronunciation Key
tr.v. de·fen·es·trat·ed, de·fen·es·trat·ing, de·fen·es·trates
To throw out of a window.

:monkey:

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
My name is Damian and my nickname is Damo. I added the DH as Damo was already taken and I had no sense of originality or creativity that day...

Austin Bike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Duh, Austin
Mine is too cryptic to figure out. I'll enjoy the 70 degrees and sunshine this weekend. Oh, that and getting my pic published in bike magazine this month.

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
I used Archangel back in my BBS days. It was a biblical reference and then the X-Men got popular and didn't want people thinking I'm a comic nut. I just shortened it to Arkayne.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Dirty Mike........My name is Dustin Michael...... People started calling me Dirty when we started riding due to a combination of hitting the Dirt ALOT, and My, well colorfull not for the dinner table jokes, and ability to take damn near anything in "That way"

So....DirtyMike!!!!

hokie77

Chimp
Dec 5, 2007
Virginia
Hokie77.... I'm a Hokie (Virginia Tech), and I was born in '77. This fall, however, you may see me as CommColl77 or VCU77, etc. because I'm on academic suspension and thinking about transferring at the end of the academic year. This crap's tough when you wait until you're 30 to do it.

Don't be a fool, stay in school

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I'm a large, hairy bull dyke with a faint mustache, jorts, keen sandals and a nasty disposition toward most men.

monkeyboy424

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
Place
i always feel the need to explain my name. ridemonkey is cool and all, but im not that huge of a fan.

when i was like 12, i was the "monkeyboy" in a shop, meaning i pretty much hung out and built bmx bikes. born on 4-24.

yeah.

cool?

RaindogT

Monkey
Dec 22, 2005
Kansas City
A tip of the hat to the one and only Tom Waits. The 't' is because my name is Tyler. Or is it Tim?, Maybe Tony. It just might be Tom I'm not really sure where the 't' came from......