Quantcast

What does your Username mean?

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I do medieval re-enactment/re-creation and this is the name that I use in that arena. Been doing it for so long that I rarely use my real name anymore.

I once tried to change my RM handle to "AnotherMike" (cause that's what I am) but much like Loco-Gringo, the backlash was just too much and changed it back.

It's the name of an Irish saint (which is why I chose it to begin with), and while no one in the US can pronounce it, it's actually fairly common in Ireland.

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
I'm known as Wingnut everywhere else, but it was taken here by a user that has never posted since 2001, never!

So, I went lockmiester, part of my last name. I still want to be Wingnut.......(Admins, feel free to rectify this situation:thumb:)

Edit: BV FTW!!!!!!!!!!

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
I do medieval re-enactment/re-creation and this is the name that I use in that arena. Been doing it for so long that I rarely use my real name anymore.

I once tried to change my RM handle to "AnotherMike" (cause that's what I am) but much like Loco-Gringo, the backlash was just too much and changed it back.

It's the name of an Irish saint (which is why I chose it to begin with), and while no one in the US can pronounce it, it's actually fairly common in Ireland.
I pronounce it see-are-eee-an (ciarian). I know it's wrong. I put the extra I in there because I think it sounds better that way. :p

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I pronounce it see-are-eee-an (ciarian). I know it's wrong. I put the extra I in there because I think it sounds better that way. :p
The closest I can try and spell it out is kay-rahn, but ya have to throw an Irish accent on it. Also acceptable is kee-ARE-an, and Keiran.

Funny thing is when I chose it I couldn't pronounce it. :p

dirttastesgood

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2006
CT
I have no idea why mine is what it is. I really don't like the taste of dirt and I don't think I was trying to be sarcastic. Oh well.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Many thanks go out to Binary who has kindly removed my 'DH' suffix from my title.
I feel all grown-up.

Spero

ass rainbow
Jul 12, 2005
Tejas
Nothing that interesting. I used to use the saying 'dum spiro spero' on a variety of things and being that I have a lack of creativity when it comes to screen names, I just used the 'hope/to hope for' portion.

S.n.a.k.e.

Monkey
Mar 12, 2003
N. Tonawanda, NY
This was my gaming name from back in the Quake world heydey, and being lazy, I used it again...

It stands for "Say nothing and kill everything"

So now you know, and as GI Joe says... "Knowing is half the battle"

Marc

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I was going to take Yojimbo, the first of Toshiro Mifune's "Ronin with No Name movies", but it was taken. Sanjuro is the sequel.

BTW, there was a thread about this.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Mine is a reference to my mtbr persona. My mtbr name is about 75% a joke, just to irritate people. And irritate it does, given the proper dumbass. I think I just got lazy and didn't want to type the whole thing when I signed up here.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
The closest I can try and spell it out is kay-rahn, but ya have to throw an Irish accent on it. Also acceptable is kee-ARE-an, and Keiran.

Funny thing is when I chose it I couldn't pronounce it. :p
I used to work with a guy name Keiran and I thought yours was pronounced the same way.

Back in the day, I think it was a Wednesday, I was given the name by my geek roommates. We worked together doing tech support for Netscape (version 2.x, not the crap you see today) and someone decided that stupid end users were "sausages". Since I seemed to get the lions share of said idiots, they decided I was Jimmydean, king of sausages.

I do like pork, as well. But people seem to think my name is James or Jim, or that I'm a James Dean fan, or something. I answer to Jimmy, I got used to it after a while. It still makes me laugh, though.