Quantcast

What drugs do you take?

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
565
0
Melrose MA
dont get me going on drugs. RAAARRR!!

I have high cholestrol so I was going to this doctor who was just pumping me full of the latest and greatest. The first (lipitor) was killing my liver so they changed my perscript to lovastatin or some such thing. That was giving me bad chest cramps and making me feel generally crappy. I asked the doc if theres anything else i could do to keep the numbers down and he just wanted to throw some more crap into my system. I had enough of that and went to see another doctor for a second opinion.
Fast foward 6 months and I go to new docs. Same song and dance, take these and call me in the morning. Im on the new pills for a month, go back to get retested and wait to hear back from them on the results or if they are giving me a new prescription or what. So I call them last week, about a month after I went for the test, to ask what the results are and if they were going to start me on something new or just give me a perscription for this new stuff. They just say "OK, we will call you". Sure...
So they call me a few days later and just say "please return our call"
WTF?
So I get a bit enraged and call back AGAIN and get the same run around. I just ask what they are going to give me, if they can send a perscription to some pharmacy and what my results were. They say "hold on, the doctor will call you, have a nice day". So the doctor calls and leaves a message on my machine yesterday and says "Well I dont know what your question is, but I hope youre still taking <drug du jour>"
I WOULD YOU JACKHOLE IF YOU ACTUALLY GIVE ME THE PERSCRIPTION!!!!!!!!

I call the pharmacy that I usually go to, the one I told them I would be using, and ask them if they have anything for me. Nope

Why is it so hard to find a good doctor



So to answer the original post:
B-Complex every day (boosts metabolism and energy while lowers cholestrol, or so Ive heard)
Waiting in limbo for anything else
 

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
9,844
11
So Cal
luken8r said:
dont get me going on drugs. RAAARRR!!

I have high cholestrol so I was going to this doctor who was just pumping me full of the latest and greatest. The first (lipitor) was killing my liver so they changed my perscript to lovastatin or some such thing. That was giving me bad chest cramps and making me feel generally crappy. I asked the doc if theres anything else i could do to keep the numbers down and he just wanted to throw some more crap into my system. I had enough of that and went to see another doctor for a second opinion.
Fast foward 6 months and I go to new docs. Same song and dance, take these and call me in the morning. Im on the new pills for a month, go back to get retested and wait to hear back from them on the results or if they are giving me a new prescription or what. So I call them last week, about a month after I went for the test, to ask what the results are and if they were going to start me on something new or just give me a perscription for this new stuff. They just say "OK, we will call you". Sure...
So they call me a few days later and just say "please return our call"
WTF?
So I get a bit enraged and call back AGAIN and get the same run around. I just ask what they are going to give me, if they can send a perscription to some pharmacy and what my results were. They say "hold on, the doctor will call you, have a nice day". So the doctor calls and leaves a message on my machine yesterday and says "Well I dont know what your question is, but I hope youre still taking <drug du jour>"
I WOULD YOU JACKHOLE IF YOU ACTUALLY GIVE ME THE PERSCRIPTION!!!!!!!!

I call the pharmacy that I usually go to, the one I told them I would be using, and ask them if they have anything for me. Nope

Why is it so hard to find a good doctor



So to answer the original post:
B-Complex every day (boosts metabolism and energy while lowers cholestrol, or so Ive heard)
Waiting in limbo for anything else
Are youi one of those people who have high cholesterol despite diet and excercise? My mother in law is that way... eats super healthy, runs and excercises every day. Super fit lady, but high cholesterol.

I hope you find a good doc who can get it all worked out for you.
 

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
565
0
Melrose MA
Ciaran said:
Are youi one of those people who have high cholesterol despite diet and excercise? My mother in law is that way... eats super healthy, runs and excercises every day. Super fit lady, but high cholesterol.

I hope you find a good doc who can get it all worked out for you.
Yeah, but the weird thing is, only one other person in my family has this problem. Not my mom, dad, brother, grand parents, etc. Only one aunt out of 6 has high cholestrol.
Im 6'2 185, ride my bike to work 3-4x's a week in the summer with various trail rides on the weekends, play on three different soccer teams throughout the year, hate fast food, etc and still have a cholestrol level around 300. When I was on that first drug, it was under 200, but the results of a liver test showed numbers equal to someone with advanced hepatitus :dead:
 

zod

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
1,377
0
G-County, NC
daily - caffeine (diet sundrop)
maybe once a week - asperin
once or twice a year - alcohol
once a year - clove cigarette.....is that a drug?
 

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
luken8r said:
dont get me going on drugs. RAAARRR!!

I have high cholestrol so I was going to this doctor who was just pumping me full of the latest and greatest. The first (lipitor) was killing my liver so they changed my perscript to lovastatin or some such thing. That was giving me bad chest cramps and making me feel generally crappy. I asked the doc if theres anything else i could do to keep the numbers down and he just wanted to throw some more crap into my system. I had enough of that and went to see another doctor for a second opinion.
Fast foward 6 months and I go to new docs. Same song and dance, take these and call me in the morning. Im on the new pills for a month, go back to get retested and wait to hear back from them on the results or if they are giving me a new prescription or what. So I call them last week, about a month after I went for the test, to ask what the results are and if they were going to start me on something new or just give me a perscription for this new stuff. They just say "OK, we will call you". Sure...
So they call me a few days later and just say "please return our call"
WTF?
So I get a bit enraged and call back AGAIN and get the same run around. I just ask what they are going to give me, if they can send a perscription to some pharmacy and what my results were. They say "hold on, the doctor will call you, have a nice day". So the doctor calls and leaves a message on my machine yesterday and says "Well I dont know what your question is, but I hope youre still taking <drug du jour>"
I WOULD YOU JACKHOLE IF YOU ACTUALLY GIVE ME THE PERSCRIPTION!!!!!!!!

I call the pharmacy that I usually go to, the one I told them I would be using, and ask them if they have anything for me. Nope

Why is it so hard to find a good doctor



So to answer the original post:
B-Complex every day (boosts metabolism and energy while lowers cholestrol, or so Ive heard)
Waiting in limbo for anything else


Eat Garlic, cider vinegar, and some sort of polyphenol (green trea extract) flax seed oil. Cut out all fattening meats like pork and steak. Cut out all high fructose corn surup and drink 2 liters of water a day. Do this for a month and I guarantee your cholesterol will go down. Of course that's not all that you eat, but be sensible. Anything in a box is DEAD. Eat plenty of greens, carrot juice, REAL OAT MEAL (ingredients : OATS) and just be sensible.

Now cholesterol is a bunch of bullcrap IMO. It's just something that was developed (testing for it) to create a mass frenzy for people to buy in to, which creates the fear craze and allows these A****LE drug companies to push their TOXINS. Yes, TOXINS.
It's ridiculous. Lipitor: Side effects- Stroke. Although that's an exageration, you know what I mean. Guessers (doctors) aren't going to fix your cholesterol. You are the one that has to fix it. While there are folks that have a genetic propensity for plaque build up in the arteries, and might actaully need some of these drugs, the rest of us are just lazy fat pigs unlwilling to be something other than a victim of high cholesterol. This is of course my opinion which isn't worth squat. Do a search on cholesterol scam. Of course many of you will say, "since it didn't come from the Guberment, it's not reliable info" , but it makes you wonder doesn't it?

Kevin
 

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
IMAGINE THAT HA?


People with high cholesterol live the longest. This statement seems so incredible that it takes a long time to clear one´s brainwashed mind to fully understand its importance. Yet the fact that people with high cholesterol live the longest emerges clearly from many scientific papers. Consider the finding of Dr. Harlan Krumholz of the Department of Cardiovascular Medicine at Yale University, who reported in 1994 that old people with low cholesterol died twice as often from a heart attack as did old people with a high cholesterol.
 

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
565
0
Melrose MA
Knuckleslammer said:
Now cholesterol is a bunch of bullcrap IMO. It's just something that was developed (testing for it) to create a mass frenzy for people to buy in to, which creates the fear craze and allows these A****LE drug companies to push their TOXINS. Yes, TOXINS. While there are folks that have a genetic propensity for plaque build up in the arteries, the rest of us are just lazy fat pigs unlwilling to be something other than a victim of high cholesterol. This is of course my opinion which isn't worth squat.

Kevin
Thats EXACTLY what I think too. Im willing to bet that all these doctors get a kickback from drug companies who sell their wares to them. The docs give out free samples, free samples do something then you get to head to your local pharmacy to put down an order for one a day for the rest of your life. Drug companies make a killing and send some of their new wealth to the docs who are distributing their crap.
Why havent we heard of people dropping dead of cholestrol in the past? Because it wasnt really tested for. Now there are these miracle drugs for it. Lo and behold! Guess what youre getting tested for now. Im sure if the next drug out there is meant to cure "Brown Turd Disease" youll be getting tested for that too.
If I were a fat ass and had high cholestrol and the doctors said "take these pills that will fark you up or lose weight" Id put the fork down. Lazy turds want the easy way out. When theres no easy way out, the only recourse for the docs is to give you the drugs.
My job doesnt lead to a lot of stress. The worse thing I eat is a pizza once or twice a month, I grew up on Cheerios and oatmeal and still usually have a bowl of one or the other 4-6 days a week, and Id bet Im in the upper 90% of the population fitness wise. Drugs can bugger off
 

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
6,143
0
Floating down the Hudson
SkaredShtles said:
It might be cheaper to take generic aspirin and acetaminophen and have a cup of coffee. :D

Active ingredients (in each caplet)

Purposes
Acetaminophen 250 mg Pain reliever
Aspirin 250 mg Pain reliever
Caffeine 65 mg
I don't usually take the kind with aspirin (I don't take it often though). I don't think I've ever taken aspirin at all come to think of it.
 

SkaredShtles

I love NEWCASTLE and will ONLY drink NEWCASTLE!!!!
Sep 21, 2003
48,465
2,724
In a van.... down by the river
luken8r said:
dont get me going on drugs. RAAARRR!!

I have high cholestrol so I was going to this doctor who was just pumping me full of the latest and greatest. The first (lipitor) was killing my liver so they changed my perscript to lovastatin or some such thing. That was giving me bad chest cramps and making me feel generally crappy. I asked the doc if theres anything else i could do to keep the numbers down and he just wanted to throw some more crap into my system. I had enough of that and went to see another doctor for a second opinion.
Fast foward 6 months and I go to new docs. Same song and dance, take these and call me in the morning. Im on the new pills for a month, go back to get retested and wait to hear back from them on the results or if they are giving me a new prescription or what. So I call them last week, about a month after I went for the test, to ask what the results are and if they were going to start me on something new or just give me a perscription for this new stuff. They just say "OK, we will call you". Sure...
So they call me a few days later and just say "please return our call"
WTF?
So I get a bit enraged and call back AGAIN and get the same run around. I just ask what they are going to give me, if they can send a perscription to some pharmacy and what my results were. They say "hold on, the doctor will call you, have a nice day". So the doctor calls and leaves a message on my machine yesterday and says "Well I dont know what your question is, but I hope youre still taking <drug du jour>"
I WOULD YOU JACKHOLE IF YOU ACTUALLY GIVE ME THE PERSCRIPTION!!!!!!!!

I call the pharmacy that I usually go to, the one I told them I would be using, and ask them if they have anything for me. Nope

Why is it so hard to find a good doctor
Get a third, fourth, and fifth opinion if necessary. Interview prospective docs. If you've got a condition like that, you owe it to yourself. Good luck!
 

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
13,854
0
Victoria, BC
wow...I didn't think I would be in such a minority in a biking crowd. I take absolutely nothing on a regular basis. I think drugs weaken the body's natural immune system...D
 

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
4,257
28
Livin it up in the O.C.
BMXman said:
wow...I didn't think I would be in such a minority in a biking crowd. I take absolutely nothing on a regular basis. I think drugs weaken the body's natural immune system...D
Not even BEER?:confused: :eek:
 

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
2,241
0
Ballard 4 life.
BMXman said:
wow...I didn't think I would be in such a minority in a biking crowd. I take absolutely nothing on a regular basis. I think drugs weaken the body's natural immune system...D
I agree, I stopped taking ritalin on a matter of principal as well. On the other hand, if my dad wasn't taking Dopamine he would be a cripple right now, so there are exceptions. In general I think America is a little hooked on drugs.
 

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
13,965
4
BMXman said:
wow...I didn't think I would be in such a minority in a biking crowd. I take absolutely nothing on a regular basis. I think drugs weaken the body's natural immune system...D
Way to go Ian McKay!

:D
 

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
13,965
4
Caffeine. And I drink a lot less coffee these days.

About 4-6 beers a month. (or less)

Aspirin if I'm really in pain.

Ibuprofen if I've really f8cked myself up crashing or falling and I need to take the swelling down.
 

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
16,668
435
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
BMXman said:
wow...I didn't think I would be in such a minority in a biking crowd. I take absolutely nothing on a regular basis. I think drugs weaken the body's natural immune system...D
I am with you on this. I elected to stop taking migraine meds and my allergy meds and have been SO much healthier since (2 1/2 years now). :D
 

SkaredShtles

I love NEWCASTLE and will ONLY drink NEWCASTLE!!!!
Sep 21, 2003
48,465
2,724
In a van.... down by the river
bluebug32 said:
I don't usually take the kind with aspirin (I don't take it often though). I don't think I've ever taken aspirin at all come to think of it.
Maybe just acetaminophen & coffee, then. :D

Active ingredients (in each geltab)

Purpose
Acetaminophen 500 mg
(formulated with 65 mg caffeine)
 

JimmyTwoTimes

Monkey
Jun 26, 2003
197
0
West Hartford
splat said:
caffeine
Caliritin-d
Advair-250
nasonex
glucosomine

and They are tallking about putting me on lipitor , be cause of High colestrol , Not a Person in my family is below 200!

Splat, you take that lipitor and I'll drive down 495 and kill you myself. Don't take pills that will kill ya :mumble:

Listen to us.
 

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
luken8r said:
Thats EXACTLY what I think too. Im willing to bet that all these doctors get a kickback from drug companies who sell their wares to them. The docs give out free samples, free samples do something then you get to head to your local pharmacy to put down an order for one a day for the rest of your life. Drug companies make a killing and send some of their new wealth to the docs who are distributing their crap.
Why havent we heard of people dropping dead of cholestrol in the past? Because it wasnt really tested for. Now there are these miracle drugs for it. Lo and behold! Guess what youre getting tested for now. Im sure if the next drug out there is meant to cure "Brown Turd Disease" youll be getting tested for that too.
If I were a fat ass and had high cholestrol and the doctors said "take these pills that will fark you up or lose weight" Id put the fork down. Lazy turds want the easy way out. When theres no easy way out, the only recourse for the docs is to give you the drugs.
My job doesnt lead to a lot of stress. The worse thing I eat is a pizza once or twice a month, I grew up on Cheerios and oatmeal and still usually have a bowl of one or the other 4-6 days a week, and Id bet Im in the upper 90% of the population fitness wise. Drugs can bugger off

Congrats, you've taken the wool out of your eyes placed there by government and media. Now all we need on here is Toshi to tell us we're all wrong. :blah: