fish oil (out at the moment though)
Vitamin C & B complex

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
Albuterol when needed (fvcking asthema)
Lots of daily supplements

I generally try and stay away from drugs.

Gex

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2004
Seattle
Alcohol-3 times a week
Caffeine-Every day
Ganja-3-4 times a wee

The occasional OC-once every 2 weeks 2 month maybe?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Knuckleslammer said:
Congrats, you've taken the wool out of your eyes placed there by government and media. Now all we need on here is Toshi to tell us we're all wrong. :blah:
you ARE wrong on this one. stick to whining about Oracle, as at least you won't kill anyone that way.

Knuckleslammer said:
People with high cholesterol live the longest. This statement seems so incredible that it takes a long time to clear one´s brainwashed mind to fully understand its importance. Yet the fact that people with high cholesterol live the longest emerges clearly from many scientific papers. Consider the finding of Dr. Harlan Krumholz of the Department of Cardiovascular Medicine at Yale University, who reported in 1994 that old people with low cholesterol died twice as often from a heart attack as did old people with a high cholesterol.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=7772105&query_hl=2&itool=pubmed_docsum

this study does NOT say that "old people with low cholesterol died twice as often from a heart attack as did old people with a high cholesterol". what it DOES say: is that IN PEOPLE OVER 70 low HDL cholesterol and high LDL cholesterol (that is, "high cholesterol" in common terms) was not a risk factor for heart attack or coronary artery disease AFTER ADJUSTMENT FOR OTHER RISK FACTORS. it was unexpected that cholesterol doesn't seem to be much of an indicator in this case, but keep in mind that these people were over 70, and that this was a single study.

luken8r said:
Why havent we heard of people dropping dead of cholestrol in the past? Because it wasnt really tested for. Now there are these miracle drugs for it. Lo and behold! Guess what youre getting tested for now. Im sure if the next drug out there is meant to cure "Brown Turd Disease" youll be getting tested for that too.
you have heard of people dropping dead of heart attacks in the past, no? they're not a new phenomenon. awareness of the impact of cholesterol levels on coronary heart disease is a recent thing, yes, because the studies providing the data started coming out in the 1990s.

and these studies are unambiguous. repeat: KNUCKLESLAMMER IS COMPLETELY WRONG ON THIS ISSUE. large scale studies have firmly established a correlation between elevated LDL and heart disease. read the attached PDF.

luke, don't give up on your doctor. find another one that doesn't give you the runaround with regard to calling back and the pharmacy and all that, and don't settle for drugs that cause intolerable (to you) side effects. getting your lipids down will be good for your health. period.

ok, the pdf of the article is too big. i'll host it on my own account: http://students.washington.edu/tjclark/Lipids.pdf

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
BMXman said:
wow...I didn't think I would be in such a minority in a biking crowd. I take absolutely nothing on a regular basis. I think drugs weaken the body's natural immune system...D
I'm that way too. I used to have caffeine multiple times daily at school and just decided that I didnt need it. The only thing that I have religiously is water, and probably drink 2-3L of it daily.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
BMXman said:
wow...I didn't think I would be in such a minority in a biking crowd. I take absolutely nothing on a regular basis. I think drugs weaken the body's natural immune system...D
That's my # 1 reason for not taking drugs (pharmaceutical, that is). My wife takes advill all the time. Bit of pain? Take some advil! Muscles sore a bit? Take some Advil! So now when she has a real headache she has to eat them like Skittles for them to have any effect.

In theory I would like to stop drinking and smoking the herb, but dang it, I just enjoy it too much. :D Moderation is key!

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
BigMike said:
You think Excedrine is good, try some Maxalt! Just don't look at the possible side effects :dead:
I am intrigued and wish to subscribe to your newsletter....

Actually, I used to get killer tension headaches, but through the miracle of meditation and lots of riding when I'm stressed, I've cut down on the Excedrin big time

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
daily: alcohol
weed
coffee
a multi vitamin

others:none. nothing. not an aspirin not an allergy pill nothing at all.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Caffenie is a major.
Alchohol and weed, but not that often.
Acetaminophen
Diphenhydramine HCl
Riding my DHR. :love: