Quantcast

What dummies

J

JRB

I signed up for a lead service after 4 months of phone calls. Once it started, I was getting Dear Jeff emails. I replied and called and said that my name was John. Well, today I got a Christmas card to Jeff. Both on the envelope and the card. I think I will cancel the service. If you can't remember my name, how good can your information be??? ugh

J

JRB

Aren't you all the funny Fockers???

*I am anxiously awaiting the movie

J

JRB

Ridemonkey said:
What's a lead service Jeff?
They provide bid request and building projects specs. There are several. They focus on different areas of construction. We all complain about education spending in the US, but the fact is, there are many schools built each year. Since we build school furniture, we like to know when a school is being built.

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
BikeGeek said:
It's like a "lead of the month" club. First month: lead ingot, second month: lead paint, third month: lead pipe, etc.
Hmm I sent my elf a lead ingot. I wish I knew about this before, probably could have saved some $$.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Hahaha...when I read the first post, I thought that he was talking about some kind of dating leads service, and in that case, a "Dear Jeff" communication is infinitely better than a "Dear John" one.

J

JRB

llkoolkeg said:
Hahaha...when I read the first post, I thought that he was talking about some kind of dating leads service, and in that case, a "Dear Jeff" communication is infinitely better than a "Dear John" one.
Nope - I am afraid that I would meet BurlyShirley's friends and feel uncomfortable the next day. :help:

J

JRB

OK - the point is, how do you bug the piss out of me to sell me something without having the courtesy of knowing my name????

J

JRB

Dear John

When I woke up this morning
There was a note upon my door
Saying " Don't make me no coffee, Babe
Cause I won't be back no more"

And that's all she wrote
"Dear John", I sent your saddle home"

Now Jonah got along in the belly of a whale
Daniel in the lion's den
I know a guy that didn't try to get along
And he won't get a chance again

That's all she wrote

She didn't forward no address
No she never said goodbye
All she said was "If you get blue
Just hang your little head and cry"

That's all she wrote

Now my gal's short and stubby
She's mean as she can be
If that little old gal of mine
Ever gets a hold of me

That's all she wrote
"Dear John", I fetched your saddle home"

Went down to the bank this morning
The cashier said with a grin
I'm sorry for you Little John
But your wife has done been in

That's all she wrote

That's all she wrote

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco said:
OK - the point is, how do you bug the piss out of me to sell me something without having the courtesy of knowing my name????
Seems like they're doing a great job of bugging you....

J

JRB

stosh said:
Seems like they're doing a great job of bugging you....
And that's a good plan if you are trying to sell someone a $20,000 a year service, why???

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
dh girlie said:
I tried to compose one once to a guy that I met on a camping trip in the 8th grade...but it didn't work...his name was john...for real...
Dear John:

[ ] Check here if you want to go to the campfire dance with me the last day

[ ] Check here if you want to sneak into my cabin that night for a panty raid

[ ] Check here if you didn't check both boxes above. Go die you useless fvck!

Sincerely,
She who owns you

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
loco said:

Ok...that's a little less cryptic than your original posts, and most of your follow up posts...I agree...if they are trying to sell you a service or have sold you a service, they should have the courtesy of getting your name correct, especially after you've told them.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
llkoolkeg said:
Dear John:

[ ] Check here if you want to go to the campfire dance with me the last day

[ ] Check here if you want to sneak into my cabin that night for a panty raid

[ ] Check here if you didn't check both boxes above. Go die you useless fvck!

Sincerely,
She who owns you

No no no...it wasn't like that...he lived in Woodland Hills in so cal...I lived in San Jose in nor cal...how could we carry on a long distance love affair when neither of us could even drive? Also, it was AFTER the camping trip...not during...:D

J

JRB

dh girlie said:
Ok...that's a little less cryptic than your original posts, and most of your follow up posts...I agree...if they are trying to sell you a service or have sold you a service, they should have the courtesy of getting your name correct, especially after you've told them.
Sorry - it was a mini rant. Those aren't supposed to make sense right away are they?

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
dude, jack, here is the simple solution, call and tell them that they hve your name wrong again.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
loco said:
I don't know, Jeff... maybe the company is owned by Burley Shirly and this is his way of messing with your head.