Quantcast

*&*&*& What even is Wednesday shit edit: Thursday ? *&*&@*&*

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
yo FTS at the max, bro

nanny called in sick potentially with strep but also maybe COVID. Have to call in sick during a busy day to watch the kids but I get to FTS and take them to the zoo instead, which is dope.

Been giving serious thought to quitting and spending the summer with them before things get back to normal in the fall. Could find a new job then and be able to give it normal hours, which I can't due to the pandemic and these little nuggets.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
good thick espresso this morning. I am enjoying having the house to myself this week. No loud TV blaring from whichever room the wife is in. With the windows open I can actually hear the birds and the wind in the trees instead of inane dialog and scene setting musak..

Oh and for the groggy one that started the thread its Turdsday LOL

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Pretty frustrated with the state of mountain biking here. Warranty processes broken, parts out of stock everywhere, unreliable shipping when you find something as rare as hen's teeth overseas, trails crowded with assholes and noobs who block off the a-lines and rip out rocks. :mad:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Went for a lunch ride yesterday, and man did I feel it slogging up the road climb in a 30 mph headwind. Damn near stopped me at points.

Got a new toy for the pocket yesterday. I do approve.

20210421_155344_copy_1008x477.jpg

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Pretty frustrated with the state of mountain biking here. Warranty processes broken, parts out of stock everywhere, unreliable shipping when you find something as rare as hen's teeth overseas, trails crowded with assholes and noobs who block off the a-lines and rip out rocks. :mad:
If it's any consolation, I'm sure it's the same everywhere.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
If serrations are your thing, might as well just buy a cheaper knife. They are a pain in the ass to resharpen, and if you find a place to do so it'll often cost near what a new cheap serrated knife will.

I find plain edges have much more utility. But that's just my preference.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I have no idea where I am going to from vegas on june 23rd....

try and secure a week's worth of day passes at yosemite or glacier....however the park service is doing shit....

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Same same.

Maybe there is light at he end of the tunnel? It can't be sustainable. Maybe when everyone and their brother is back playing/watching hockey, soccer etc etc there will be a flooded used market. Thus forcing brands to lower their prices to attract buyers? Maybe? Dreaming?

:(

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
My new dropper posts are finally out for delivery. They were scheduled to be delivered yesterday, but apparently spent a day tumbling around the conveyors in Memphis yesterday.

#firstworldproblems

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. I am assuming this is the mistitled Thursday thread given the timestamp

Today I work, as the wife-bot has returned to humanoid form

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Oh espresso machine of the kitchen counter top, what is your wisdom?

If it's any consolation, I'm sure it's the same everywhere.
can confirm. this was a big motivator to push me back to riding DH this summer.
:stupid:

It's why my RidEgg took three months. It's why my LBS advised me to stock up on tubes and brake pads last time I was in. Based on my interactions with the local riding community, I'm glad I did. First world problems are real right now.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Not going to lie, you made me doubt myself as to what day it is. Found out yesterday that both my Neuro Dr. and dietitian are all moving to new practices from UCHealth and they are all nowhere near my location or working together. I've been working with all of them for multiple years, so I get to start all over again. Meh.

Did find somebody who just stripped a bunch of parts off an SH Forester for a recent sale but hasn't sold the parts yet, which include the flappy paddles I mentioned yesterday. He was super active following the build on the old Forester, so maybe if he has a good px, I can pick them up for cheap.

Decided I'm going to hold on tires/wheels for a while. Snow was dodgy but they are aggressive all-season tire. I want to see how they are in wet before I make any decisions there.

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
True, but you could argue that the corporate life has never been more stressful than now in the ye olde first world US of A. Never ending work hours, 24/7/365 umbilical cords called Slack or Teams, limited options for venting.
The struggle is real if you're living this life. https://techcrunch-com.cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/techcrunch.com/2021/04/21/this-is-your-brain-on-zoom/amp/
I think you really need to get off the East Coast and get a job somewhere like Boulder... :D

And make sure whatever company you sign up for is *actually* committed to a work/life balance.

Our department recently instituted a *mandatory* 4-day weekend every quarter. And sure, it's stressful on occasion, but normally work day ends around 4pm. And usually starts between 8 and 9am.

But I'm not a developer... :D

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
True, but you could argue that the corporate life has never been more stressful than now in the ye olde first world US of A. Never ending work hours, 24/7/365 umbilical cords called Slack or Teams, limited options for venting.
The struggle is real if you're living this life. https://techcrunch-com.cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/techcrunch.com/2021/04/21/this-is-your-brain-on-zoom/amp/
i was *just* having this conversation with @Pesqueeb separately. the whole WFH thing for me has been very mixed bag, for a number of reasons (including some personal ones). but its made work/life balance extremely difficult.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
:wave:

Oh espresso machine of the kitchen counter top, what is your wisdom?

:stupid:

It's why my RidEgg took three months. It's why my LBS advised me to stock up on tubes and brake pads last time I was in. Based on my interactions with the local riding community, I'm glad I did. First world problems are real right now.

I hate it when over 3,000,000 people have died in a global pandemic and my hobbies are inconvenienced.

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
i was *just* having this conversation with @Pesqueeb separately. the whole WFH thing for me has been very mixed bag, for a number of reasons (including some personal ones). but its made work/life balance extremely difficult.
The moment you have Slack, Discord, email and other shit like that on your phone, the work/life balance ceases to exist.
And for (even mild) introverts, the constantly on camera in meetings is hell.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The moment you have Slack, Discord, email and other shit like that on your phone, the work/life balance ceases to exist.
work doesn't issue me a company phone (not a high enough pay grade). when they asked me to put stuff on my personal phone my response was to ask if they were going to start paying for my phone. that ended that conversation very quickly.

we aren't expected to have cameras on for zoom calls, thankfully.

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
Here.

Normal day.

On the fence, mostly towards the not happening side, on the whole Vid-Vax.... Wife was stressing last night as we are now in the eligible food group whether she was going to sign up or not. I told her not to stress and go with her gut...

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Dude. It is horrific. I've got contacts in all conus time zones. Some have families and work odd hours because of kids, others travel. There's no common clock. I found myself responding to emails at 7:30am on a Saturday as I was waking up.

The other WFH thing I hate is motors and engines. Street swiping, trash trucks, delivery trucks, loud cars, leaf blowers, weed whackers, jack hammers. Every day there's noise outside my window while I work.