Quantcast

What ever happened to the Band, Grant Lee Buffalo

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I was listening to one of their CDs last night on the way home - I think it was Copperpopolis, and it made me wonder what ever happened to this band. They had a pretty cool sound IMO.

Narlus - any info??

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
grant lee phillips did a record w/ robyn hitchcock, i believe. that was a couple years ago? they toured together, but i was too lame to go see 'em. not sure what he is up to now.

have you ever heard of Shiva Burlesque? it was Grant's 1st band, pre-GLB. i've got their two cds if you are interested. a bit different sound, not as laid-back.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
cool. i will zip them up and give you a yousendit.com link, if you've got high-speed internet access. otherwise i can burn a data or a couple audio discs and dump 'em in the mail. yr call.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
GLB, was awesome as a band, and GL Philips' new solo stuff isn't bad either. i think they are just doing different projects at the time.

Mockingbirds is one of my favs. of their old stuff!!!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
narlus said:
cool. i will zip them up and give you a yousendit.com link, if you've got high-speed internet access. otherwise i can burn a data or a couple audio discs and dump 'em in the mail. yr call.

I've got comcast digital so if you wanna zip em up that's cool.