Quantcast

what exactly is a 'mountain bike'?...

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
My chain is a bit too long since there's no bottom roller on the XCX so I need to take a link or two out. I have had the chain begin to derail when pedaling backwards over rough terrain (setting up for a corner, etc) but it always re-aligns itself as soon as I pedal forward again. I trust it 100% though. Considering how much lighter it is I think a tiny sacrifice in chain security is totally acceptable. And like I said, thus far I haven't actually lost a chain. I say go for it.

Aug 11, 2009
halifax
Serious question: I'm a major flip flopper between keeping my DH bike and getting something lighter and more "trail bike" oriented such as a Trance X, remedy, or reign, I'm a struggling student and two bikes simply isn't an option for me. I have by far the majority of fun on my DH bike, so I have a DH bike, but the lure of getting to ride all day (plus getting to ride constantly, I have no problems climbing, and the idea of 100% ride time with no shuttling or taking the lift sounds pretty sweet) keeps making me seriously consider the idea of selling the DH bike for a trail bike.

Again, more fun on the DH bike per amount of time spent, but the lure of more time riding, more freedom of where to ride and when to ride keep making me think maybe I should sell and buy a trail bike. Lets hear some opinions.
Hey you still ride the lucky right?

I just discovered propedal... mine is not a light weight, maybe 40ish lbs, 32 up front 11-34 out back, 5 clicks of PP, seat post at the right height, and you know what? That thing goes pretty well man.

The only downer is if you have to run a granny to climb, which I don't around here...

I like that trance x the op built though... damn it...