Quantcast

what flat pedals ?

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
What are the plastic plugs for in the Wellgo pedals?

They both probably would do the trick. If you could find a cheap or used pair of Shimano DX pedals you'd probably like them as well. They are similar in pin placement but are a nice solid pedal (and feel great). Lots of people run Wellgo's though with no issues or problems. I think the FUNN pedals with the "griptape" on the pedal is sorta cheesy. But otherwise either one would be nice!

Whichever one has sealed bearings might help too as it'd be a little bit thinner than a non-sealed bearing pedal. Pins too will sheer off pretty easy so make sure the pedals have some backup ones (if you smack them against rocks often).

MOTODH

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2005
CT
I have the Funn's and i will say they are pretty impressive, extremely grippy with 5 10's, nice long pins with good concave, i have heard about bearing problems but i have yet to ride mine

LokiLopez

Monkey
Sep 7, 2005
London
Has for grip they both have excelent grip. I know the wellgo can take quite an abuse, cant really tell on the Funn but they should.
Since I like them both I would probably end up with the B57(cheaper and lighter :p )

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
The griptape on the Funns wears down so it doesn't do anything, they're kinda heavy, the pins rip out easily, and they're flat and have a high profile. The Tiogas are light, durable, and the grippiest pedals I've ridden. The concave is perfect.

manwithgun

Monkey
Nov 4, 2004
jungle said:
Anyone using these pedals and what do you think of them ?
well jungle, I suppose yer in luck; if you're willing to take a strangers opinion... I've ran both of the pedals in question and the vipers are hands down the grippiest pedal that I've ridden. But they're heavier than some and the large platforms ping off of things on low bb bikes. The pins rip out, just as they do in most pedals that come into contact with rocks. I just use a 4mm drill and tap and make new ones... Bent spindles on both the vipers(huge full speed contact) and the B57s(pedal-bite while cornering). Bearings failed on the Wellgos. I'm on my second set of vipers and plan to stick with them until something better is invented... maybe I should try the tiogas?

Attachments

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
I really like my Truvativ's. If you are willing to try something other than the 2 listed the holzfellers would be awesome.

adurham

Monkey
Jun 9, 2005
im running the B-57s and I really like them, im missing many pins on both of them and they still grip well. I would go with the Wellgos

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
bballe336 said:
I really like my Truvativ's. If you are willing to try something other than the 2 listed the holzfellers would be awesome.
Agreed, I've got several years going on my Holzfellers, and they rock. Really good pedals, easy to replace pins, bearings are decent, not too heavy, and not too big.

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
wellgo's are sweet, i'm about to put some on after I saw this guy who i rode with has them on his and has yet to break them. I think hes broken dirt jumpers, snapped and bent 2 diety cranks among other things and hes unable to break these wellgos