Quantcast

What fork grease?

-C-

Monkey
May 27, 2007
As i've never actually thought about this before...

Is there any specific grease I should use? Or shouldn't? Specifically for seals etc.

Open to suggestions! :)

Muttely

Monkey
Jan 26, 2009
Im using RSP Ultra slick on my 010's, its working a real treat.

Invest in a can of Juice lubes fork juice aswel, my forks run with noooo stiction.

-C-

Monkey
May 27, 2007
I'll see if I can get them to ship for a sensible price to the UK, if not, i'll have a hunt for an alternative. I'm sure I can find something similar...

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
I avoid Slick Honey personally. It seems to foul up really quick and get sticky.

I've been having good luck with the Pro Circuit grease (PC-03, the red stuff). Don't use marine grease or assembly lube...

SuperLube makes some good stuff too.

YoPawn

Chimp
Aug 13, 2009
I'll see if I can get them to ship for a sensible price to the UK, if not, i'll have a hunt for an alternative. I'm sure I can find something similar...
Maybe try prep M? It's made in Switzerland and is amazing stuff. :thumb:

Gelbwurstbrot

Monkey
Jul 31, 2004
Franken, Germany
On new dust wipers I use Motorex Prep M and on older ones which have to be changed soon, Finish Line Teflon grease which is sicker and stickier. It prevents the "looser" dust wipers from loosing oil.

Prep M works great but has to be renewed frequently if you ride often and want your fork(s) like new. But you should do it anyway.

Fox 40:
On the foam ring under the dust wipers I use Rox Shox Red Rum or Fox Float Fluid. Red Rum is cheaper and is just as good.

Last edited:

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
silicone spray? It does help with making the stanchions slippery for a little bit, but it is far from a substitute for packing the seal/wiper space with a good low viscosity grease.

Both the prep M and the 'bike lube 2000' from moterex are calcium thickened (like slick honey) and would be a beter choice than lithium based greases. Of the two, the prep M would be the better choice as it's lower viscosity(NLGI 1) is more suited for this kind of application.

Last edited: