Quantcast

What fork would be better for dirtjumping?

MTBKR415

Chimp
Jun 18, 2008
right behind you...
Hey guys,

I am going to get some new forks for my p1 this year, I have the marzocchi Dirtjumper 3's on there right now. they are incredibly heavy and don't work good.

So, i have been looking around a bit a some different forks, I have narrowed it down to the Rock shox argyle 302 with 100mm of travel,

and

the marzocchi 55 R with 160mm of travel,

Which one would be better for dirt jumping and light street riding? If it makes a difference, i weigh 175 pounds.

Thank you for all your help!

MTBKR415

Chimp
Jun 18, 2008
right behind you...
ok thanks guys.

Would you consider the Argyle a significant improvement over the Dirt jumper 3's? Cuz i really don't like the DJ3's. Are they basically the same fork, just from different brands? Because i don't really want to buy the same thing, just with a different name on on it. If you know what I mean.

I am also open to any suggestions as to what a good dirt jumping fork would be.

Thanks

JGill

Monkey
Jul 7, 2008
Norman, OK
I had an 08 P1 and didn't like much about the DJ3. It was heavy and had zero adjustment and it wasn't very stiff. But it was bomb proof... The Argyle is a little lighter than the DJ3 and will be stiffer. The thru-axle makes the fork a little laterally stiffer too which is nice.

Price wise you won't find too many better choices than the Argyle, especially if you find some on closeout.

MTBKR415

Chimp
Jun 18, 2008
right behind you...
I had an 08 P1 and didn't like much about the DJ3. It was heavy and had zero adjustment and it wasn't very stiff. But it was bomb proof... The Argyle is a little lighter than the DJ3 and will be stiffer. The thru-axle makes the fork a little laterally stiffer too which is nice.

Price wise you won't find too many better choices than the Argyle, especially if you find some on closeout.
ok thanks man. I have a 2007 p1 and the DJ3's are crap.