Quantcast

For Sale What front fork is this?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I looked up an old ZZYX Bullet Brothers, because it reminded me a little, but it didn’t seem to be a match.
Its not.
Its a Stratos MX6 or Superstar 6/7. Besides many other cues, the bullet-dimples on the seals give it away.

I dont remember how to differentiate, they came in a gold/bronze color and the silver. Stratos dampers were decent, but the chassis was pretty flexy due the pinch-wrap arch that wasnt one-piece with the lowers. Still a lot more solid than SCs of the time.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes

Stratos S7. There's probably info out on the internet on how to rebuild it and keep it working. There are worse forks from the era. There are better forks now. Ride it, or sell it on vintage DH on facebook and buy something better.

pjfracing

i'm your pal!
Feb 2, 2024
Just bought this yesterday!
Can anyone identify this front fork?
They're definitely Stratos MX6 forks pal. 35mm. The S7 and S8 where upside down forks that Stratos made later before they went busted cos of law suing by Specialized cooperation. Anyway I ve got a set of them on my epic s-works and they're awesome. So don't listen to what people say. They ain't got a clue. They're are top quality forks. The only problem you can't find any parts to rebuild them. You got to copy and remanufactured them yr self. Either seals.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
They're definitely Stratos MX6 forks pal. 35mm. The S7 and S8 where upside down forks that Stratos made later before they went busted cos of law suing by Specialized cooperation. Anyway I ve got a set of them on my epic s-works and they're awesome. So don't listen to what people say. They ain't got a clue. They're are top quality forks. The only problem you can't find any parts to rebuild them. You got to copy and remanufactured them yr self. Either seals.
S7 was not upside down.

pjfracing

i'm your pal!
Feb 2, 2024
It’s known in select circles as a P.O.C.

Also widely knows as a P.O.S.

HTH
Pal you are F.O.S you ain't got a clue about Stratos products or what the company was all about.

F.O.S also knowing widely known as . Full of Shit.

Goodbyeeeee from Little Britain....

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Pretty sure stratos went out of business because they didn't know how to run a business. The inertia valve/specialized lawsuit was likely survivable, but stories of horrible customer service makes me think they would have found another reason to flounder

Also, I'm pretty sure the MX6 was gold, and the S7 was silver. Then there was some FR5 or something that had black stanchions, and the superstar8 that was gold and upside down and ugly, but OP is so long gone at this point it doesn't really matter

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Last edited: