Votes: 6 40.0%
  • wtf are you talking about?

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters

stringcheese

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Golden, CO
I can pedal kick up to rear wheel on stuff up to 2', but I can bunnyhop onto things a little lower. Is it normal to pedal kick higher than bunnyhop?

PGR

Chimp
Sep 12, 2001
I can't pedal-kick onto high stuff (I don't run low gears)... however I can J-hop onto picnic-table height.

Up with the front wheel, kinda manual a bit and lift off... Practise...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Most people can go higher with a 3-pedal move than with a straight bunnyhop. It's normal.

PGR

Chimp
Sep 12, 2001
Originally posted by racerX
Cal me stupid or ignorant but what is a pedal kick 3/4pedal kick etc. I do know what a bunny hop is but have never heard of pedal kicking

:devil:
It's where you combine a bunnyhop with a pedal stroke. 3/4 means that you "kick" the pedal three quarters around. (270 degrees). That kinda kick's you up on the rearwheel and forward, from full or part still-stand. The pedal kick get's you forward and the J-hop get's you up. (J-hop is like a bunny-hop, but from rearwheel position.)

jabberwocky

Chimp
Apr 15, 2002
Montreal
yah dudu, like when I hope on a jay, it like feels like I get cranked a full 270 too...or maybe 420... anyways I sure get high, and then I feel like I wanna get a table top, or a piknik table to sprawl.

I don't know what any of this has to do with bunny hops though, isn't that like a bmx trick or something?
?
?
;)

Seriously though, I always get higher on a j-hop. I use a whole lot of compression re-bound in my fork and a 3/4 crank and I get way higher than an average bunny hop by me -- but I suck at bunny-hops: 1 foot max. J-hop: 2' if I'm lucky.

I memorialize the day I learnt how to j-hop properly.