Quantcast

what going on with balfa?

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
I would also like some info here. I have an 01 and love the bike so a nice 04/05 would be great. I'm just not sure about the future of the company.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I think my Avatar might help explain things a bit.

the future of Balfa is bleak - don't expect to see 2005 bikes from Balfa.

But - perhaps down the line a few years possibly expect some new things from Rocky Mountain...........possibly a merging of east and west since I know a few Balfa employees (bike designers in particular) have moved out west to work at RM.

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Originally posted by MMcG
I think my Avatar might help explain things a bit.

the future of Balfa is bleak - don't expect to see 2005 bikes from Balfa.

But - perhaps down the line a few years possibly expect some new things from Rocky Mountain...........possibly a merging of east and west since I know a few Balfa employees (bike designers in particular) have moved out west to work at RM.
I thought RM was loosing the handbuilt name and going the way of full production.

http://209.11.49.239/bicycleretailer/headlines/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000501806

At this point I hope they don't go the way of the dodo too (even though I could never afford one)

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Originally posted by Roasted
I thought RM was loosing the handbuilt name and going the way of full production.

http://209.11.49.239/bicycleretailer/headlines/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000501806

At this point I hope they don't go the way of the dodo too (even though I could never afford one)
I think RM will be around a long time - I think Procycle is retracting a bit and will focus it's big bike efforts with RM instead of RM And Balfa.

It is unfortunate though - here's hoping to something new and cool bike-wise from some of the founders of Balfa.

Are there really any small scale mountain bike companies left in Canada??

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
I think RM will be around a long time - I think Procycle is retracting a bit and will focus it's big bike efforts with RM instead of RM And Balfa.

It is unfortunate though - here's hoping to something new and cool bike-wise from some of the founders of Balfa.

Are there really any small scale mountain bike companies left in Canada??
.243, snipes, cove and (crap there is one out of calgary with similar bikes to cove) and oryx are the only ones I like. (there are a couple of others but imo not worth considering

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Originally posted by Roasted
.243, snipes, cove and (crap there is one out of calgary with similar bikes to cove) and oryx are the only ones I like. (there are a couple of others but imo not worth considering
Oryx is part of Procycle.

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Oryx is part of Procycle.
I do realize that. But so far their production seems to be have left alone...so yeah I guess they aren't small scale haha

The bike shop in calgary is BOW. I believe they have their own line as well. :)

Can we count banshee as small :)