Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Frame mount

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
I bought a new GoPro cam this winter. With bike season upon us I've been debating what mount to use like mountain biking. I used the helmet cam mount while skiing this winter and that worked pretty well. I ride both DH and XC but have mounts that would work on both type of helmets. What are your thoughts on which mount delivers the best footage?

I'm not looking to get all artistic with my vids... just want to capture the crashes and crazy runs.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Yep. I mix up the chest and helmet mount as well. I like the view from the chest mount better, but the helmet mount produces more stable video. You can shoot in 960/48 with the helmet mount, and it gives a wider view.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
I've got the new GoPro Hero2 so it shoots in 1080p in the wider angle which works well with shooting video with the helmet mount.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
I've got the new GoPro Hero2 so it shoots in 1080p in the wider angle which works well with shooting video with the helmet mount.
Yeah, I have the same camera. 1080p is cool if you are just going to watch it straight off your computer, but if you are going to upload it anywhere online, they are going to compress the hell out of it anyway. For the chest mount, I have had the best results shooting in 720/60, and I have had the best luck uploading to vimeo as they give you compression guidelines that you can match up for the best results.