Quantcast

What grips are you running?

cranberry

Monkey
Dec 30, 2005
Waaaay out there
Gloves = ALWAYS. I crash too much not to wear them!
Flanges = I leave them on. Just a personal thing.
Grips = park/street I tried Josh Strikers. Too slippery
My 08 Jane came with Eastern Mushrooms stock. I love 'em. Gonna go back with them when these wear out. Perfect mix of diameter and cushiness. Is cushiness even a word? If not, it should be!
DH and AM rigs Both have ODI Ruffian lock-ons

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
stolen money grips, they are fantastic. they work great without gloves, but my hands are sweaty within 30 minutes after riding so i need to wear gloves anyways. it doesn't hurt to have them on when you bail, which on my bmx is a LOT.

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
does boiling them kill their life span?

I always wear gloves....

I run the ruffian/ruffian mx on my mtb's

I'm running the s&m logo grip right now on the hardtail.. I don't think they are gonna last very long at all, not that impressed. I like the feel of the thin grip, but the outter layer is already seeming like it's peeling off....

I picked up a set of Ed's and lil dirty's to try....

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
who rides with grips these days anyway? i just get some electrical tape and i am off riding! :p
Nice! Haha

I rode the animal edwins for awhile and those held up great. Right now it is the eastern skull grips. They aren't too bad but I am looking forward to switching back.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
i was using some soma track bike grips 6.75" in length no pading

then i got some cushie sunlines

always gloves, more for diging then riding.

Leethal

Turbo Monkey
Oct 27, 2001
Avondale (Phoenix)
Shadow Bangers in the thick version... next will probably be the new We the people All Day ones though...

Gloves when it's cold, bare when it is not.

MC peepants

Monkey
Sep 20, 2006
i just put some Homan grips on my bike and though similar to edwins the feel good especially if riden without gloves.

L train

Chimp
Feb 18, 2008
savage, mn
Has anyone tried the Bubba Harris grips? I thought they felt pretty good, but thats just feeling up someone's grips in staging.

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
I changed my mind about the clear missiles and wound up trying the long necks. I've been missing out, that's all I'll say...

v-digit

Turbo Monkey
Apr 3, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
I changed my mind about the clear missiles and wound up trying the long necks. I've been missing out, that's all I'll say...
long necks look like the grips that came stock on my Apex. might even be the same exact grips - they feel pretty dang nice.

the reason i keep going back to edwins is because they feel so damn nice.... i've tried other grip or two.... didnt feel them.

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
so does smoking crack...lay off it...hahahaha

I'll get a good sesh on them this week at No-Name in g-vegas. really pumped on this trip...

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
fly rubens are nice once broken in. also had odyssey jimmy levan grips for a couple years on my bmx. bought mosh eddie c grips for when i get new bars. i guess i like thin grips.

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
a grove, those looks pretty good, might have to give em a try on the squishy bike.. let us know what ya think once ya get em on.... and have a few spins on em...

A Grove

Monkey
Nov 20, 2007
State College, PA
Aye - I'll give a report after rays ;) So far, ody gary youngs and ODI oury lock-ons take the cake for me.. Rubens slipped far too much and didnt do well with my gloves... and ruffians are a BIT on the small side for me.

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
I rock S&M logos, no break in period needed. No flange or gloves.

Gloves make my hands sweat. If my hands sweat w/o gloves I can rub em dry on my pants and be all good.