Quantcast

What grips are you running?

sb317

Monkey
Sep 6, 2005
North Carolina
Ran Doyles for a while. They felt good but I wore holes in them pretty quick. Running Demolition Teams right now. They are on their third bike and I'm just now getting good finger indentions in them.

ReVolVeRage

Monkey
Dec 28, 2006
MD/ NYC
Edwins are fantastic grips if you ride without gloves. Odyssey's new Aaron Ross grip is awesome, similar rubber to Oury, but without being sticky. In addition, they are thinner than Oury's, I believe longer, and they're KEYBOARDS

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
still love my old ABC ed's. very soft, but come apart easy.

Just picked up some Duo Homans 'cuz they looked kind of similar to the ed's. They aren't as soft but I still like'em.

Also have some Mutiny grips too, they are really spongy and thick, pretty nice. I got the flangeless ones (although I just cut'em off regular grips too).

Tried Rubens, but didn't realize at the time there are different durometers and I got the black ones. They are too hard for my taste, didn't like'em.

I used to rock odi lock-ons on most all of my "mtb"s because of the ease of removal, but in the last couple of seasons or so I've been slowly reverting back to reg. rubber grips. My ridiculous habit for speedholes seems to hold them on nice and solid too (I hate throttle grips), but we'll see if they shred them any faster than normal... I tried to smooth down and de-burr all the holes.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
ODI Longnecks. Only grip I run.
On my mtn. bike I have whatever, but I just pedal around on that, I'm not stunting...

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
I rock these. I need to get another set for the mtb.
I had those for awhile, I liked them, but I wore them out pretty quick.

Here's another question. Who wears gloves? I used to never wear them, then for the past few years I've been wearing them all the time. I recently tried riding some park without gloves and it felt good when my hads were dry, but sucky after my hands got sweaty. I think I'll keep them for dirt because I like the hand protection when I bail.

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
yeah gloves here probably at least half the time. I used to commute daily on my bikes, and would usually forget gloves though.

but another question, how many people rock the Flanges?
I cut mine. Get rubbed thumb knuckles with'em, and don't have any donuts, haha. So I just slice'em off.

swerve76

Monkey
Aug 30, 2003
nevada
I have some ODI lockons on the mountain bike, rubens/flanges on the molly, and edwins/flanges on the subrosa.

I wear gloves. Riding "feels" different without them.

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
Gloves always for downhill, sometimes for street/park, sometimes for DJ. If it's real hot I try to get away with not wearing them, if it's real cold I wear them for everything. I like lock-on grips mainly because you can't fill them with dirt when you crash doing djs.

sealclubber

Monkey
Nov 21, 2007
demolition teams. been rockin em since they came out years ago. nice and fat and squishy and they get real nice and sticky when you sweat on em

ebrider510

Monkey
Dec 7, 2006
Bay Area, CA
i used to be really picky about grips so i have tried a ton of them. haven't actually owned all of these but some i like a lot are the Ed's, broken in Ody teams(at first they hurt like hell), Rubens in the lighter colors, Primo Martinez, longnecks, Skadow lil/ol dirty's, Shadow Banger, Lizard skins logo or whatever are pretty nice, and of course OURYS!

sometimes i cut my flanges and i wear gloves when it's cold or if i'm on dirt. i need a new pair that i can start wearing all the time.

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
I ride Fits on all my bikes. Used to be a big fan of the Ruffians when I first started riding. I like thin grips, with traction, nothing crazy, ribbed for my pleasure.

I ran the youngs for about a month and then they ripped in half, not impressed.

And gloves, used to always wear them, but that thin feel, about 5 winters back I just stopped and never went back to them. In the summer I just rub my hands in the dirt and get them nice and dry :-)

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Damm, how come I never get email replys from this site? I get like one in every 200 posts....:(

re: gloves
I prefer bare skin on ODI Longnecks but when my hands sweat I have to wear gloves or I can't hold on. So it's usually no gloves in the spring/fall and gloves in the summer and winter for warmth..