Quantcast

what happened to "rancid"

cannondalejunky

ease dropper
Jun 19, 2005
Arkansas
what happened to the stuff like "maxwell murder" & "White Knuckle Ride"

i was listening to some of their new stuff and it's all ska-ish...what happened...they were one of the great punk bands

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
They're still kicking around, but kinda sold-out to the collective man. Kind of a shame, they made some great stuff, now it's pretty bland Green Day clone junk.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i haven't listened to them much since ...And Out Come the Wolves. everything i hear is a disappointment.

sixsixtysix

Monkey
Mar 6, 2005
Hell
Rancid went mainstream, but they have spawned off a few other projects. The most mainstream of them all is The Transplants, which were even used in a shampoo commercial.

But they do still do some decent stuff under "Lars Frederickson and the Bastards"

Good punk isn't gone, its just gone back underground thankfully...

cannondalejunky

ease dropper
Jun 19, 2005
Arkansas
well what would be some good underground punk bands...i've always loved punk, but it's hard for me to find bands that i actually like or that are punk to me

sixsixtysix

Monkey
Mar 6, 2005
Hell
well what would be some good underground punk bands...i've always loved punk, but it's hard for me to find bands that i actually like or that are punk to me
Depends on what style you like. You like Street Punk, Skate Punk, Drunk Punk, Pop Punk, there is a ton of good stuff. If i could get simplifymedia to read my MP3 collection I would let you browse it, but at over 600GB it doesn't like my library...:disgust:

And yes, the transplants were terrible... I guess anything for a buck...

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Decorum prohibits me from posting my true thoughts on this matter.

I will say they are nice guys.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Hey buddy, you were once a Lookout records "artist" just like the pre-Rancid boys! Viva Larry Livermore!
Yeah, you'd think shampoo commercials should've been in our future as well?

I dunno.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Yeah, you'd think shampoo commercials should've been in our future as well?

I dunno.
I'm sure you'll get your shot once a big shampoo company wants to market their products to folks who like to cry while slowly pulling out their hair.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I'm sure you'll get your shot once a big shampoo company wants to market their products to folks who like to cry while slowly pulling out their hair.
"Our exclusive Flo-more Tears formula"

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Check out Tim Armstrong's solo album. It's more reggae than punk, but still good stuff.
from what i've heard off his solo, it kicks ass.

Just because they're experimenting with different genres doesn't mean they've "gone to sh!t". After being in the music industry as long as they have, I think its almost a necessity to branch out and experiment with other stuff. So they had some mainstream stuff. Boohoo. They've been around freaking forever, and I for one, think its well deserved for them.