Quantcast

What happened to the Windrock Website?

oldskoolbiker

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
Alexandria, VA
I was telling somebody about Windrock and I wanted to show them the website. When I went to http://www.windrock-mtb.com it was some kind of weird portal page.

So the question is what happened to the site?

EDIT: Actually I just did a whois on the domain and it appears to have expired: Record expires on 15-Sep-2006.
So I guess somebody didn't pay for the renewal.

Squasher

Monkey
Aug 20, 2001
K-Ville
It was only getting about 10-40 hits a month and I was tired of paying for it. Plus, anyone that wants info about WR can just come here.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Joey should have about 10 megs of personal webspace that he can bounce the site to. And you can buy the site name for $20.00 for 3 years through Yahoo. That's what I did for SEI. Our dinky little page sucks but it's better than nothing. Bellsouth gives me 10 megs and I bounced it through yahoo to there. Windrock just needs 1 page posting Joey's rules, directions and a photo page.

His provider should allow him to bounce from his domain name to his webspace right?

FYI oldschoolbiker, for now just refer them over to HCOR. Pretty certain Brady has the most extensive info and photos about it there.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
ok.
let's put it to a vote.

what do ya'll want ?

a new website ?

or new trails this winter ?

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Duh, no contest...new website! :lighten:

Oh, and a latte stand.
you should mess with Jeremy like that. You're liable to send him into cardiac arrest. You'll never see Jeremy more excited that the year Sugar had Starbucks Doubleshots on ice. He didn't know it. I found them...took him two...and told him the guy had said "Take all you want. We can't re-use them."

I thought he was gonna hug me. Pretty sure I saw a tear...

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
Don't kid.
Espresso and Windrock.
My pants just moved.
You're in the same boat I am -if QT (Atlanta convenience stores that have about 10 kinds of coffee brewing 24/7) ever comes to Macon or Spartanburg, our asses will end up fat and bankrupt.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
You're in the same boat I am -if QT (Atlanta convenience stores that have about 10 kinds of coffee brewing 24/7) ever comes to Macon or Spartanburg, our asses will end up fat and bankrupt.
I am pretty sure that the Panera Bread in Oak Ridge has my picture hanging up to not let me in the bathroom again.....ever.......
pretty much a lifetime ban.
I have always stopped there on the way in to Windrock for a coffee fix and have dropped WMD's in that place more times than should be allowed by law.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
New website, but I get to charge my normal rate for development :bonk:
you'll get yours just as soon as trailbuilders get to charge for their services. :)

b.t.w.
just because we vote on something and tally up the score.
that doesn't mean very much in a dictatorship. :)

BKQuill

Turbo Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
Rangers Lead the Way
Well, I don't know if it's my place to vote or not, see how I haven't been able to get up there for quite a while. But things are mellowing out on the home front, and the boys are getting into a routine. Plus I'll know next week when my new bike will be getting here.

Have Brady do the site and you keep your ass building.

BTW Joey, I have a 6x4 "gator" (with a dump bed (manual though) and payload of 1200-1400lbs or something) that I can use. If that'll help when you get ready to haul dirt and other stuff on the new trail cutting.

Cheers,
Brian

Taz

Monkey
Sep 22, 2001
Granite, lots of granite
BTW Joey, I have a 6x4 "gator" (with a dump bed (manual though) and payload of 1200-1400lbs or something) that I can use. If that'll help when you get ready to haul dirt and other stuff on the new trail cutting.

Cheers,
Brian

Just don't let Brian drive said "gator" he thinks it's some sort of race car ;)

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Naw I just saw it at a premier. They show him above the second road crossing and dropping in on and hitting the "waterfall" section. It's nasty. Even does a little slow-mo and such, pinning the sh!t out of it.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
Well, I don't know if it's my place to vote or not, see how I haven't been able to get up there for quite a while. But things are mellowing out on the home front, and the boys are getting into a routine. Plus I'll know next week when my new bike will be getting here.

Have Brady do the site and you keep your ass building.

Cheers,
Brian
you have just as much right as anyone else. :)

as far as the gator.
as cool an offer as it is,
there's not a way we can use something like that down in our trails.
we don't really have any desire to open up any trailbeds wide enough to get something like that in there.
it's a security thing.
as soon as we would, somebody on an a.t.v. would be right down in there.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
You know I just might know someone that is in the web hosting business :rolleyes:
ya know.
that thought has crossed my mind.

i have a better idea though.

first.
move here !!

second.
you already have an outstanding site as it is.
and nobody in the south uses it as much as the northern riders do.
i really should be posting more trail info there instead of here.

for what we are and as much as the riders themselves make this place what it is.
i think a website doesn't really suit our needs.
if it were more of a buisness, then i'd say yeah.

josh did a great job with the one we had.
it just didn't get utilized the way it should have.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Naw I just saw it at a premier. They show him above the second road crossing and dropping in on and hitting the "waterfall" section. It's nasty. Even does a little slow-mo and such, pinning the sh!t out of it.
yeah, he talked to me after he went to say thanks for telling him about the place. What's weird is he didn't even ride his V10...he was on a Nomad from what he said. And for the first run or something he had a wheel with a 6 inch rotor and an 8 inch caliper mount??? Said he didn't know it when he went off the top to the first road and scared himself...

Doug said he rode the Nomad so stuff looks "rougher" or less smooth or something on camera???

Wonder what it would have looked like on his V10???