Votes: 20 23.5%
  • Mass exodus of Pinkbike members

Votes: 37 43.5%

• Total voters

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
I've been gone from the monkey for a while, and I've noticed that a lot of things have changed since I've been gone. The site looks different, there are new users, the grammar is worse... you get the idea. What's been going on here?

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
dexterq20 said:
I've been gone from the monkey for a while, and I've noticed that a lot of things have changed since I've been gone. The site looks different, there are new users, the grammar is worse... you get the idea. What's been going on here?
call the wambulance:nopity:

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
dexterq20 said:

I must have missed the RM Forum rule that stated "you must use proper grammar to post in this forum"

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
Well the Santa Barbara groms came out of the woodworks. I'm from Santa Barbara, but I am NOT related to a novatt or any other one that seems to have like 9 screen names. I have no idea where they came from or how, I just know that at times the DH board is flooded with arguments and questions that could be answered by the search function.

But other than that it's been the same ol monkey. Once updated things on the site have been slow to work correctly but everyone's already cried about that. It gets annoying but you get use to it (to not hit the post now button 10 times because it doesn't go through). Otherwise things are good!

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I too blame Santa Barbara.
The monkey has changed format/graphics, but I think it looks good. For a while it took a while to load when posting- it hung, while it did post, so you had to go back, then forward, then refresh. Everything seems to be working fast now.

Those posts from SB, polluted the dh forum, but now those are (most all/fortunatley) in the far pages.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
MTNBrider has made a huge change, He used to be one of the SB kids we were begging to leave. He's turned around, but talking like he was never part of the problem. I admit I caused problems the first few weeks I was around, but I've changed as well. It seems alot of the kids that came from PinkBike or kids from Santa Barbara are polluting the forums even worse than before.

If it were up to me and I was a mod, I would be more stricked about banning and anyone making problems ban them for a week or so, and if they come back and make problems, ban them forever.

Can you only ban someone from their I.P. adress or only their username?

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
What did I do? ...besides e-fighting them. I always used grammar, punctuation, and correct spelling.

Actually, I don't live in SB, I'm 30min North, so I can't be "one of them".

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
mtnbrider said:
What did I do? ...besides e-fighting them. I always used grammar, punctuation, and correct spelling.

Actually, I don't live in SB, I'm 30min North, so I can't be "one of them".
Ehhh you're SB county :)

Superdeft

Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
East Coast
Both parties have their points, but would it really kill everyone to take a few extra seconds to make their posts presentable? Nobody seems to have any respect for themselves when they post things online. It's easy to forget this sort of thing because of the medium: the internet is quick and easy, but everyone shouldn't give their ideas a chance to be appreciated by presenting them well to our peers? (Be it online or otherwise.)

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
bluebug32 said:
i've gathered that the site loses some steam in the off-season

Nope. Soon we will have the lounge sucks because nobody posts anything bike related. Then some reminiscing about the old days when there were only 3 members left after the great bannings and the world was great. And then the dark days of February descend on the monkey and people really get bitchy.