Quantcast

What happens when you don't drink...

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
At the beginning of the week, I knew I had a very busy weekend ahead, so I decided not to drink at all this week.

Usually this hour is reserved for "I am so fvcking drunk" posts, but I wanted to mention what I did the last few days:

Thursday: Worked all day at my computer job, sold a Nomad on the phone, resolved a personnel issue at the shop, then went over an acquaintance's house to work on his fork and crankset which turned him into a friend.

Friday: Worked all day, rode in Critical Mass, then saw the Yeah Yeah Yeahs!

Saturday: Rode DH in Joaquin Miller, worked all day at my bike shop, put my new fork crowns on my 888, then went to a late night bash for my friend's graduation.

I could not have done all of this if I got drunk this week. I am going to try to go Skeggs tomorrow for a long XC ride.

Don't Drink!

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
See,I differ with this soooo much. Iam way gone right now, And I was going to make a drunken post, so here it is.

I rode three times this week, And burned the living **** out of myself with hot fryer oil because I was sober. **** being sober, my burns hurt.

J

JRB

sanjuro said:
<snip>Friday: then saw the Yeah Yeah Yeahs!
<snap>
All good stuff except for this. You don't get a pass on this unless you were drunk to to do a hot chick.

Any thing you want to add to the story??? I'll even let this one slide without pics if you just want to make something up to avert gayness.

Did you get the deal straightened out witht the chick at the shop???

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
loco said:
All good stuff except for this. You don't get a pass on this unless you were drunk to to do a hot chick.

Any thing you want to add to the story??? I'll even let this one slide without pics if you just want to make something up to avert gayness.

Did you get the deal straightened out witht the chick at the shop???
No pictures the entire weekend. I had to ditch the camera because of the concert, and I was so busy yesterday, nada.

I did meet a very hot mtn bike chick at Critical Mass, and she gave me her info. I also talked up two girls at the party, but the one I hit it off with was with her boyfriend, and the one that was single we didn't hit it off. And there was a third one who I could not avoid who was annoying psycho-drunk.

Finally, after the chick at the shop made the same mistake again, butting into sale with stupid comments, I called the shop and talked to her for a bit. She first denied it, then criticized me, then eventually she realized that I was trying to be supportive and she admitted she felt stupid both times when it happened. I told her she was learning and that there is nothing wrong with saying nothing, and she seemed happy with that.

J

JRB

sanjuro said:
<snip>Finally, after the chick at the shop made the same mistake again, butting into sale with stupid comments, I called the shop and talked to her for a bit. She first denied it, then criticized me, then eventually she realized that I was trying to be supportive and she admitted she felt stupid both times when it happened. I told her she was learning and that there is nothing wrong with saying nothing, and she seemed happy with that.
That's cool. I kept my mouth shut yesterday at the shop when the shop bitch (he's really a guy) was telling someone their bike wasn't worth fixing. They were cheap bikes, but instead of explaining the demerits of repairing the bikes, he just demeans the customers. People won't come back from that, and it is crap to do it. Instead, explain what they can have for what price that is comparable to the repair costs. If you don't do that, they will just get a new bike, but it will be at walmart again. I explained that he had to make sure people know the value, instead of assuming they are idiots for buying a dept store bike. I am amazed at how clueless shop folks are, and it sounds like we both deal with two of them.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
It seems I have just started picking up the sport of drinking.

But not the barley/hops stuff.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I reserve Sunday night for drinking. I still get a bunch done over the weekend and I'm going to feel like crap Monday anyway.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
loco said:
That's cool. I kept my mouth shut yesterday at the shop when the shop bitch (he's really a guy) was telling someone their bike wasn't worth fixing. They were cheap bikes, but instead of explaining the demerits of repairing the bikes, he just demeans the customers. People won't come back from that, and it is crap to do it. Instead, explain what they can have for what price that is comparable to the repair costs. If you don't do that, they will just get a new bike, but it will be at walmart again. I explained that he had to make sure people know the value, instead of assuming they are idiots for buying a dept store bike. I am amazed at how clueless shop folks are, and it sounds like we both deal with two of them.
You speak to my soul. You know the shop I posted about once who ripped me a new one for not charging a broke HS Freshman when I tightened a headset bolt? Same deal. Assholes.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
reminds me of how my friend was telling me that since he stopped smoking pot he was doing alot better in school and wasnt in such a daze all the time.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
you know this post is really good, i have been thinking the same type of thing lately. I am a year out of college and the alchol haze is starting to fade. Dont get me wrong i like to party and have a good time, but i have been keeping it to a minimum and doing a ton of other stuff for myself lately... Like building new trails and riding more...

word to keeping the sauce in check :thumb: