Quantcast

what happens when you're banned?

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
No forum can really keep you out if you really want to get in. You can always route your connection through a proxy and keep creating new accounts. The best advice, as always, don't feed the trolls.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
You can browse as a guest, you just can't log in (which means you can't post).

And frankly, if you're going through the trouble of routing your IP through a proxy and staying under the radar so nobody will identify your personality, what's the point? Seems like a lot of work to stay a part of a place that didn't like you.

There are some re-joiners who have come back under other names that have changed their behavior to the point that we have ignored that they were originally banned.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
I cried every night when I was banned. Rocking myself to sleep until the ban was lifted.

Since I have been allowed back, I am a new man. I want to reach out to others to let them k ow that I too, have been where they are. I know what it's like and can be there for them.

If you would like to donate to my Outreach, please PM me with your bank details.

Help me make a difference.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
if you're a real Joker then you might believe in reincarnation as well.

BMCarter

Monkey
Oct 10, 2007
Santa Barbara
On a local car forum I used to be an admin on we had a problem with trolls, and we started to notice that all the trolls came from the same IP addy's. Turns out the IPs belonged to the local high schools.

Our solution was to IP Ban/Block the high school addresses. Worked like a charm, cut way down on the amount of trolling.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
On a local car forum I used to be an admin on we had a problem with trolls, and we started to notice that all the trolls came from the same IP addy's. Turns out the IPs belonged to the local high schools.

Our solution was to IP Ban/Block the high school addresses. Worked like a charm, cut way down on the amount of trolling.
If only we could do that here with Texas.