Quantcast

What has Palin done?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Sorry to take so long to get back to you on this one.... She has a better understanding of our energy needs and our ability to fill those needs, than the 3 other guys.
OK, that's not a bad one.

But Cheney was the chairman of Halliburton, and you see where that got America.

I wouldn't be so proud of her accomplishment of living in the state with the most untapped oil resources, though.

That would like me being an expert in gay rights because I live in San Francisco. Uh,....

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
OK, that's not a bad one.

But Cheney was the chairman of Halliburton, and you see where that got America.

I wouldn't be so proud of her accomplishment of living in the state with the most untapped oil resources, though.

That would like me being an expert in gay rights because I live in San Francisco. Uh,....
No, it's not a good one. Since Palin has, by her own admission, zero thoughts about foreign policy, and since Americans import a majority of the oil that we consume (60% of the total, according to Wikipedia) there is a huge chunk of very relevant ability that Palin doesn't have.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Yeah, but did you help get a pipeline built?
Funny, but she didn't even do that according to the Alaskan senate members. It was conceptualized in the 70s, and it won't be started until at least 2018, if ever. There is no commitment to build it yet.

But plans for the pipeline that would ship gas from Alaska's North Slope -- a project envisioned since the 1970s -- remain on the drawing board.

"No, it hasn't been started, and that's on the record," said Paul Laird, executive director of the Alaska Support Industry Alliance, an oil field service trade group.

No question, Palin has been a strong pipeline advocate.

Last month, the state legislature endorsed her recommendation to award TransCanada Corp a license to build a 1,715-mile pipeline to Western Canada from Prudhoe Bay. In Alberta, the gas could be diverted to the United States on TransCanada's existing lines.

But there is no commitment to actually build it. The Canadian firm must still convince the state's major gas producers that its project is their best bet.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Yeah, but did you help get a pipeline built?
Doug Reynolds, an oil and gas economist at the University of Alaska Fairbanks, said the governor has given the natural gas pipeline project new momentum. But her deal with TransCanada Alaska Co. to build the pipeline is useless unless there is also a deal with gas-producing companies to fill it, he said.

"We don't have an agreement. We don't have anything," Dr. Reynolds said.
I have been to a bar called the Pipeline. Makes the best appletinis in SF.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I'm totally voting for you this year based on your vast experience.

Plus you have slant eyes so you can obviously deal with the emerging north korea threat.
You're lucky I didn't blast you from the back seat. In Connecticut, it was only bums who bugged you at the 7-11.

In Tahoe, just dirty refugees from Burning Man.

vibiker

Monkey
May 3, 2004
Santa Clara / Vashon
Let's see.
I've got a dog that knows its name, exhibits definitive trends in behavior (we'll call that personality), responds to his environment and certainly displays apparent survival tendencies....including an unmistakable reaction to pain.
So I take that as "yes"?:plthumbsdown:
Just curious, what is your view of Capital Punishment?

How does it respond to pain?
Actually, using monitoring equipment, there his apparent pain when it is getting killed.
During partial-birth abortion, since all of the body is exposed except the head, the baby clenches its hands in pain when its brains are getting sucked out. I'm guessing you know that experience.

What sort of decisions is it capable of?
So its okay to kill an infant up until it's first noticiable decision? So no problem killing a baby at, say, 4 months old, right?
If your wife or GF were in a coma, you would be okay with pulling the plug immediately? They can't feel pain and can't make a decisions, right?:greedy:

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
So I take that as "yes"?:plthumbsdown:
Just curious, what is your view of Capital Punishment?

Actually, using monitoring equipment, there his apparent pain when it is getting killed.
During partial-birth abortion, since all of the body is exposed except the head, the baby clenches its hands in pain when its brains are getting sucked out. I'm guessing you know that experience.

So its okay to kill an infant up until it's first noticiable decision? So no problem killing a baby at, say, 4 months old, right?
If your wife or GF were in a coma, you would be okay with pulling the plug immediately? They can't feel pain and can't make a decisions, right?:greedy:
Go ahead, tell me about dominion.

You're still missing the point. A fetus does not have a life yet. It has no self awareness, it has no personality, and it has no memories. People in comas do, or at the least the potential to return to these things that they have already established.

If you can prove terry shiavo status, that's a different story. In both cases though the decision should be that of the living with lives to continue. It is not YOUR decision to tell those people what their choices are or aren't. Just because your favorite radio host likes to call a first or second trimester abortion infanticide doesn't mean it is. I'm fine with backing out of third trimester procedures if it makes you queasy because quite honestly you should have a decision after 6 months.

But no I do not consider a fetus a human being just because it sprouts some legs and the appropriate features while still tossing around in utero. That is the potential for a human being, nothing more. The woman carrying that little fetus on the other hand........very much so and should be treated as such. Go curse the jeebus every time a miscarriage happens will ya? He's a bastard like that.

As far as a woman choosing what happens with her own body, quite frankly it's none of your god damn business, especially when your reasoning is nothing more than some bullshlt flawed mythology that some of us can do without. It's not everyone else's fault that you can't.

Last edited:

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
As far as a woman choosing what happens with her own body, quite frankly it's none of your god damn business, especially when your reasoning is nothing more than some bullshlt flawed mythology that some of us can do without. It's not everyone else's fault that you can't.
i can't help but wonder why you are so 'impassioned' about this? i'd bet a nice chunk of change you've used the word frother before, and i can just see you working yourself up in a lather as you typed this response, dare i say 'frothing' yourself?

too bad your mama didn't see you as a useless thing floating around in her uterus for all the good you've likely contributed to the world other than a few odd vitriolic responses here.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Apparently Palin's ebay story is also a bit overcooked. She DID put it on ebay, it didn't sell. She sold it privately for 2.1 million, a loss of $600 000, despite McCain claiming today from the stump that she sold it for a profit.
Gets better: It was originally purchased to transport convicts to Arizona, because Alaska is lacking prison capacity, and was used for that more than 50% of the time. When finally sold, it was a sweetheart deal to a Republican donor, who picked it up at $300,000 below market value.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
yeah it'll be hard to tap dance their way out of that one.
in the interest of 'balance' are ya going to be that diligent diggin' the dirt on the messiah and biden?
I've never claimed either of them to be squeaky clean. You don't have to search hard to find out Obama made some stupid decisions with a fella named Rezko, and maybe that's all Palin has done is make stupid decisions. But her **** isn't some side deal to buy a house. She is selling herself as a reformer and outsider and is touting her rejection of earmarks, when her record points to inside deals and record earmarks from the exact examples she is using to try to sell herself.

I forgive McCain his savings and loan scandal, because I genuinely believe he was duped and he spent 20 odd years trying to repay society for that through policy, and I also don't hear him claiming in the RNC that he took the high road in that scandal and it was actually he who brought the criminals to justice.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Can someone please tell me that the abortion argument is used to determine a candidates reasoning, decision making and overall character matching your beliefs, right?

We don't honestly support politicians determining the morality of anything do we?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
too bad your mama didn't see you as a useless thing floating around in her uterus for all the good you've likely contributed to the world other than a few odd vitriolic responses here.
Nice, that's a quality response and argument right there :rolleyes:

How many abortion arguments have boiled down to one side eventually saying, "yeah well... it's a good thing your mom didn't want an abortion"?

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
in all seriousness, has a an abortion or 2nd amendment 'discussion' ever been agreed to or conceded in PAWN?
its pretty clear from the fervor of his response he'll not be persuaded so i just called him out for the asshole that he is.
when it comes to these 2 subjects people generally enter with pretty set state of mind and don't back off of it.
read his post that i responded to and tell me he is going to change his position regardless of the eloquence of the argument put forth to him

But no I do not consider a fetus a human being just because it sprouts some legs and the appropriate features while still tossing around in utero. That is the potential for a human being, nothing more. The woman carrying that little fetus on the other hand........very much so and should be treated as such. Go curse the jeebus every time a miscarriage happens will ya? He's a bastard like that.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
I've been watching a shat load of news lately, and fox news can't get enough of her. They are spending loads of time saying how great she is, without actually saying what she is going to do for the country and what she has done. They also seem to be trying to smere any sort of attack against her by "the liberal media" and "barack obama" while from everything I have seen MSNBC and CNN have been more than fair (and even to fair I say smear she crap out of that horrible women) Obama has been more than nice and has time and time again taken the high road in the **** talking between the mccain camp and his own campaign.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
(and even to [sic] fair I say smear she [sic] crap out of that horrible women [sic])
what has she done which makes her horrible? is it her uterus, the fact she has chosen Jesus Christ as her lord & savior, the 'R' designation, or the trifecta off all 3?
Obama has been more than nice and has time and time again taken the high road in the **** talking between the mccain camp and his own campaign.
you mean where he purposefully mispronounces her hometown ("wassilly"), or that he belittled her elected position as mayor?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Go ahead, tell me about dominion.

You're still missing the point. A fetus does not have a life yet. It has no self awareness, it has no personality, and it has no memories. People in comas do, or at the least the potential to return to these things that they have already established.

If you can prove terry shiavo status, that's a different story. In both cases though the decision should be that of the living with lives to continue. It is not YOUR decision to tell those people what their choices are or aren't. Just because your favorite radio host likes to call a first or second trimester abortion infanticide doesn't mean it is. I'm fine with backing out of third trimester procedures if it makes you queasy because quite honestly you should have a decision after 6 months.

I enjoyed listening to The Daily Show's Samantha Bee busting nuts at the RNC about Palin's daughter's pregnancy. She would let these people lecture her about minding their own business, and she would make them say one word: CHOICE.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
what has she done which makes her horrible? is it her uterus, the fact she has chosen Jesus Christ as her lord & savior, the 'R' designation, or the trifecta off all 3?
It has nothing to do with her religion, it has to do with her being a hypocrite as far as federal earmarks. The fact that she denies global warming, if she was a true good Christian she would be all about taking care of the ear, cause last I checked that is why people are here according to the bible. I also think she needs to spend more time with her family, this has nothing to do with her being a women, it has to do with having FIVE KIDS, one of whom is disabled and one of whom is pregnant (which only bothers me because she is an evangelical Christian) She is also putting her pregnant daughter under some INSANE scrutiny from the press that she in no way deserves to be subjected to.

As well she said the Iraq war was a mission from god, there are 2 things wrong with that, one any good Christian would never partake in a holy way, and 2 WE SHOULD NEVER HAVE A LEADER TALKING ABOUT OUR WART BEING HOLY, that shocks and desgusts me on so many levels.
you mean where he purposefully mispronounces her hometown ("wassilly"), or that he belittled her elected position as mayor?
She did a good job as the mayor of a town of a thousand that gets a G per person from the feds and got something like 2 million in earmarks, that's a hard one to screw up.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
there's the racism card. iwas wondering where it went.
I voted for Obama in the primary and will be voting for him in the general.

I was reading an article from Southern Oregon (think Deep South) and they said that 65% of people were now changing to McCain because of Palin.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

OMG!! You totally just reached me!

its pretty clear from the fervor of his response he'll not be persuaded so i just called him out for the asshole that he is.
I won't be persuaded because my reasoning is based on LIFE EXPERIENCE you mouth breather. You haven't called me out on jack shlt other than my fervency regarding staying out of other people's significant life decisions. I really don't care if you think I'm an asshole. What you can be sure of however is that I'm an asshole who never once tells you how to live your own life when it doesn't affect mine.

See the difference einstein?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
What the Hell are you saying ?

We are not all back woods hillbillies incapable of not impregnating our cousins.
Oh I'm fully aware. The last numbers I saw on PBS for some lame special showed the unweb teen pregnancy rate was highest down there (south all the way across btw, new mexico, texas etc were included.) Found the list, see below. Pretty southern skewed (besides california.)

Also, cousins need lovin; too. :biggrin:

Nevada (113)
Arizona (104)
Mississippi (103)
New Mexico (103)
Texas (101)
Florida (97)
California (96)
Georgia (95)
North Carolina (95)
Arkansas (93)

Last edited: