Quantcast

What has your dog eaten????

RachBigMouth

Yackity Yacker
Jun 28, 2001
New York
OK.. every day when I get home from work my dog has eaten another item.. up until yesterday it was primarily clothing, shoes and socks.. BUT.. when I walked in last night.. she had eaten a CD.. yes that's right.. a CD.. HELP!!! How do I stop this and please share your funny stories:cool:

By the way.. she's feeling fine.. she went running on a full stomach of CD parts..

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
5 roach traps. I thought sure she was going to die. Then she ate my gardening knee pad thingie.

JOJO

Top Banana
Jun 28, 2001
Superior, CO
Originally posted by LeatherFace
Well, as you know, when we first got Diogee, he seemed to like to eat the lumps out of Louie's litterbox...we even have a picture of him with cat litter all over his nose...

Hmmmmm, how come dogs seem to be the pets that eat gross/weird things...and not cats...?:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Can you tell I'm a cat person?:p ;)
I am sure cats do eat weird things they are just sneakier about it....:rolleyes: and at least dogs dont try to make sandcastles with their poop:rolleyes: and dump turds all over the floor (dont ask:monkey: )

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Originally posted by LeatherFace
Well, as you know, when we first got Diogee, he seemed to like to eat the lumps out of Louie's litterbox...we even have a picture of him with cat litter all over his nose...
Dude, I think your dog has a problem. The next thing you know, he'll be stealing catnip, staying out late with the bad dogs, houling till the sun comes up and taking money out of your wallet to satiate his catnip habit.

Either that or Diogee just likes cat dung...

I once came home and found or dog had tried to eat glass. I don't think he managed to eat any because his mouth wasn't cut, but how did he even manage to break the snapple bottles in the first place?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I had a dog similar to my avatar who ate a bag of disposable razors, chewed the middle out of a beer can, ate a couple of couch cushions, pulled the carpet up, dug the sheetrock out from around a window, and managed to let himself out of a locked house.

stevew

flbikerman

Chimp
Oct 2, 2001
Sherman, TX
I had a dog that ate an electrical cord in half. When it was plugged in. I wasn't home at the time but he didn't seem to be hurt. He didn't chew on things after that.

Ranger

Swift, Silent, Deadly!
Aug 16, 2001
Y'all can't see me...
Servus!

Originally posted by RachBigMouth
How do I stop this ....
Get a cat. :D

Seriously though, you should consult with a obedience trainer. They usually have some miracle solutions to this problem. Friend of mine lived through a similar situation. She claimed that consulting the trainer was worth every penny she spent - it was the same dog just without the undesireable habits.

I personally feel that it's cruel to keep dogs and cats locked in the house all day. Animals need fresh air and room to run and play - I won't own a dog because I don't have the yard to let run while RangerGirl and I are at work. The cat door that we installed shortly after when we got the kitties mellowed them significantly. No more climbing, clawing, racing about, etc. The number of slain mice/birds/whatever HAS risen though... ;)

gecko

I'm Batman
Jun 28, 2001
Toronto, Canada
Our puppy ate our piano, window sills, railings, shoes, bike tire, ping pong rackets, pillows, table legs, sofas...etc.

Then we realized he was a beaver...not really, collie, blue healer cross.

Stupid dog. We took him in for free, good deed kinda thing, and he ended up doing thousands of dollars in damage.

Next time I'll just get a slug.

RachBigMouth

Yackity Yacker
Jun 28, 2001
New York
Believe me I have my guilt about leaving her home.. but I only work 15 minutes away and I have a cool boss and can bring her to work as much as I can.. I also take her running to the park the second I get home.. she's a happy dog just a puppy. Eventually i'll work from home and then this issue will be solved..

RachBigMouth

Yackity Yacker
Jun 28, 2001
New York
Originally posted by Ranger
Servus!

Get a cat. :D

Seriously though, you should consult with a obedience trainer. They usually have some miracle solutions to this problem. Friend of mine lived through a similar situation. She claimed that consulting the trainer was worth every penny she spent - it was the same dog just without the undesireable habits.

I personally feel that it's cruel to keep dogs and cats locked in the house all day. Animals need fresh air and room to run and play - I won't own a dog because I don't have the yard to let run while RangerGirl and I are at work. The cat door that we installed shortly after when we got the kitties mellowed them significantly. No more climbing, clawing, racing about, etc. The number of slain mice/birds/whatever HAS risen though... ;)
By the way.. just have to say.. I have a huge yard and a pond so she's really in doggie heaven!

JOJO

Top Banana
Jun 28, 2001
Superior, CO

By the way.. just have to say.. I have a huge yard and a pond so she's really in doggie heaven!
I have to agree with that.. she is a very happy dog just very hungry for everything all of the tim..... hehehe Typical Lab:D

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
How do I stop this and please share your funny stories:cool:

Well...
Here is what I do for my terror cats.
Get a ordinary squirt bottle (like a windex type, not a sport type)
and fill it with water.
Smakin the animal does very little to control behavior.
Spraying your animal in teh face with a little water does wonders.
Plus, it is much more humane.

Now for the story...
My two Dachounds got up onto the table and ate the defrosting chicken we were going to eat for dinner.
Plus the plastic bag it was in and the twisty.
Lame huh?

Well what about my old co-worker whose dachounds ate a pound fo coffee beans. Their poor little hearts went so fast that they eventually "blew-up".:(

RachBigMouth

Yackity Yacker
Jun 28, 2001
New York
YIKES!!! They must have been so sick!! Tables are dangerous.. my dog was jumping up on the counter and eating the cat food... we have to keep the cats bowl in a very specific spot so that sassy can't get to it :p

Dirt rider

Pro Rider
Nov 18, 2001
redneck wasteland
Originally posted by gecko
Our puppy ate our piano, window sills, railings, shoes, bike tire, ping pong rackets, pillows, table legs, sofas...etc.

Then we realized he was a beaver

LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!

my do will chew any thing she can get her pawas on aside form metal things... she mostly chews platic...

Big hit

Chimp
Aug 20, 2001
Portland, Oregon
My brothers dog at Christmas ate one of those huge Toblerone chocolate bars, complete with wrappers and all. It was pretty hilarious, the dog left little "tinsel treats" all over the back yard for a week.. (aluminum foil wrapper)..hehe...

Apr 14, 2002
Los Osos, California
Hey, you think dogs are bad, my Cat wakes me up a 4:50 every morning so i will feed her. She wakes me up by poking me in the face with her paw. and i dont feel like getting up, she neads my stomach, and if that dosent work, she causes me to undergo immense pain. she is enourmous. we will find dead opossums on our front porch.:eek::(

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
My goldfish ate an Albino African Frog, but then the gold fish was over a foot long though and was 2 1/2 inches wide though, boring huh.

But my sister ate a TV guide though.

RachBigMouth

Yackity Yacker
Jun 28, 2001
New York
Originally posted by Super8freerider
Hey, you think dogs are bad, my Cat wakes me up a 4:50 every morning so i will feed her. She wakes me up by poking me in the face with her paw. and i dont feel like getting up, she neads my stomach, and if that dosent work, she causes me to undergo immense pain. she is enourmous. we will find dead opossums on our front porch.:eek::(
My cat does the same thing.. pokes me in the face until I can't stand it any more!! I guess I'm lucky .. he's really small:D

RachBigMouth

Yackity Yacker
Jun 28, 2001
New York
I heard a similar story this past weekend.. they just love to chew!! This women told me that her 2 labs chew eachothers collars off :(

flbikerman

Chimp
Oct 2, 2001
Sherman, TX
I've got a new puppy that has a taste for roly-pollies. We were camping in waco this weekend and everyone she would see she would eat. You could hear the crunching and everything.
I guess another name for roly-poly would be a pill bug.