Quantcast

What have you broken on your bike recently?

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Was a good day...actually it was ...
Ripped rib cartilage and tears both sides of front, tore part of left shoulder...no internal bleeding and no ruptured organs..

"STUPID ROCKS!"

We rode the nasty crap and killed it, hitting a rock section best and jumps easy...something under the dust on backside of a hip to left stopped front tirenlike I grabbed breaks and wheel turned left. Went down into rocks, saw it coming out head down and went onto left shoulder and ribs...

Shit hurts....but didn't break anything...

Figure how long can cartlidge take I should be back next week. Some ibuprofen and time to grind it out....

Can't breath or get up...so at least a couple days.

Chalk one up for me. Still walked away (barely) ..I walked out 2 miles, they loaded bike and helped me into driver seat. 35 miles home had buddy at my house pull bike out and put in garage...wife jumped in and I drove to hospital..
20210901_160851.jpg

Last edited:

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Appreciate it guys, yeah I'll be back at in a week or so...(they say different but all I cared about was I didn't puncture a lung or sever an organ)
So now we are good to push.

No chance in doing something different, I'm back and when you push sometimes you get pushed back..LOVE THIS SPORT...

So final is

So broken rib cartlidge (in half) and torn with rips , sprained and stretched shoulder socket and tendon, broke a chunk off hip bone

.gonna go back and piss on the rocks...them skid on em

STUPID ROCKS!!!!

I still think it was a oddball mechanical...gonna pop some ibuprofen and go to the garage and disect front end..this is not a mistake I make and there were 2 odd ball things right before this..

Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Ouch man, that soft tissue takes forever to really heal though, well it never really does anymore. Hope you can get back rolling!

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Roots were murderous this morning. I felt like I totally forgot how to ride them, crashed once. Then for the afternoon ride crashed again on the black before the double black, but luckily not bad and the only trouble I had on the double black was a slick rock section and it wasn’t even a real crash.

But then I fucking rolled my ankle just walking around at the bottom on the road, with ankle braces. Fuck. It’s not as bad as the time two weeks ago, but my tendons are stretched to hell.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Roots were murderous this morning. I felt like I totally forgot how to ride them, crashed once. Then for the afternoon ride crashed again on the black before the double black, but luckily not bad and the only trouble I had on the double black was a slick rock section and it wasn’t even a real crash.

But then I fucking rolled my ankle just walking around at the bottom on the road, with ankle braces. Fuck. It’s not as bad as the time two weeks ago, but my tendons are stretched to hell.
It's the small stupid stuff that's gonna get us man....lol

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Well I have undisturbed time to tune now...so udi had some input for Rc2 that I'm going to do and I'll do the avy cart at same time.
Wes at fox gave me the part numbers so I'll order stanchion and NA2 air cart to do evol....finish 29 conversion and get things ready to ride.

I'll go check out some ballet while out and make sure to heckle the kids...make em tougher...

Happymtb.fr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2016
SWE
Heal up quick guys!

Bike don't heal by themselves but we humans do, to a certain extent, so it does indeed make sense to get injured and save the bike. :brows:

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
Ripped rib cartilage and tears both sides of front, tore part of left shoulder...no internal bleeding and no ruptured organs..

"STUPID ROCKS!"

We rode the nasty crap and killed it, hitting a rock section best and jumps easy...something under the dust on backside of a hip to left stopped front tirenlike I grabbed breaks and wheel turned left. Went down into rocks, saw it coming out head down and went onto left shoulder and ribs...

Figure how long can cartlidge take I should be back next week. Some ibuprofen and time to grind it out....

Chalk one up for me. Still walked away (barely) ..I walked out 2 miles, they loaded bike and helped me into driver seat. 35 miles home had buddy at my house pull bike out and put in garage...wife jumped in and I drove to hospital..
Heal up soon!

Might I also suggest...

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA

"STUPID ROCKS!"

Chalk one up for me. Still walked away (barely) ..I walked out 2 miles, they loaded bike and helped me into driver seat. 35 miles home had buddy at my house pull bike out and put in garage...wife jumped in and I drove to hospital..View attachment 164325
Damn. Get well.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Lmao kidney turned black and blue , 103.6 fever and negative covid test...so based on urine and temp gonna get antibiotics tomorrow if im still baking my beans.....said infection when I called.
To tired to deal with it right now my step dad passed away 2 days ago (he was my dad) , had to go to mom's and get him picked up and pay my respects....

Been taking care of my mom...yes I'm a momma's boy....and DAMN PROUD OF HER....lol

Oh and I need a 29" front tire schwalbe is backordered ..
What are thoughts on assesagi or the maxxis ass tire??? Or go to tried and true dhf

Last edited:

boylagz

Monkey
Jul 12, 2011
SF bay area
Lmao kidney turned black and blue , 103.6 fever and negative covid test...so based on urine and temp gonna get antibiotics tomorrow if im still baking my beans.....said infection when I called.
To tired to deal with it right now my step dad passed away 2 days ago (he was my dad) , had to go to mom's and get him picked up and pay my respects....

Been taking care of my mom...yes I'm a momma's boy....and DAMN PROUD OF HER....lol

Oh and I need a 29" front tire schwalbe is backordered ..
What are thoughts on assesagi or the maxxis ass tire??? Or go to tried and true dhf
Assegai front prolly one of the best rn. But theyre hard to find esp in 29. Heal up, prolly just bruised ur kidz. Hydrate and rest.