Quantcast

What have you broken on your bike recently?

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Casualty count from my Perú trip
One XTR Pedal
One EXO tire
One cracked Carbon Rim (boo, but we will find out soon if it still holds air)
One Downtube protector

But nothing on me!
I call that a good trip

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
DMR Vault pedals - both platforms cracked and falling apart
Hightower frame - swingarm falling apart, frame in a I-am-afraid-to-look condition

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Been cheap so far primarily bad dents 1 rear swing arm, downtube, 2 rear wheels and lost 2 rear tires, 2 rear spokes, 2 are bent lol but give the wheel character, lol the wheel wobbles but still lands ok....lower pulley wheel finally lost its life on chainguide...got smashed by a rock last month and taken out tonight in a rut...

Typic shit....

I decided to hit the bigger rocks in piles and airout over stuff and just land on the rest...saw it on redbull wc lol so decided I needed to do it too...actual proving to be fun.... less finess more charging....

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
I stripped the foot studs trying to service my bougie fork (to my credit, the instructions were translated from Italian, and said hold the 19mm nut while turning the 4mm stud, and meant the opposite). Fork is now at the dealer getting fixed from my ugga-dugga hands. To their credit, they said they'd do it under warranty.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Maybe this stuff *might* help?
(hopefully better that synvisc/ cock’s comb extract)

The bone at the bottom of the glenoid broke off. My right arm hangs an inch lower than the left.

To be honest, I broke that shit 27 years ago, only bothered to go to the doctor after my 5th dislocation. Had a lot more pain this time as the cartilage at the top of the humerous got gouged pretty bad. I don't thing a lack of cartilage is much of an issue as there is a rather sizable gap between the two surfaces.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
The bone at the bottom of the glenoid broke off. My right arm hangs an inch lower than the left.

To be honest, I broke that shit 27 years ago, only bothered to go to the doctor after my 5th dislocation. Had a lot more pain this time as the cartilage at the top of the humerous got gouged pretty bad. I don't thing a lack of cartilage is much of an issue as there is a rather sizable gap between the two surfaces.

talk about getting the obscure boxes of the bingo card........

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I thought about that the other day riding LLF as a matter of fact. Ducked my head under a downed tree and remembered not to try to take a bite out of my stem.

Where did that happen?
Fells, mid reservoir trail.
Pisgah (not that Pisgah) in Northboro/Berlin. I’m pretty sure that’s the trail he’s on. Not a bad spot. That trail is a blast.
I used to ride there when working in Marlborough. Chunky place!