Quantcast

What headphones / buds do you wear while riding?

imageWIS

Chimp
Mar 19, 2006
Boca Raton, FL
I want to use my iPod while riding, but am sure which headphones or buds will be comfortable, yet stay in place even if I hit a few bumps. Anyone have any recommendations?

Jon.

imageWIS

Chimp
Mar 19, 2006
Boca Raton, FL
stosh said:
Why did you get an Ipod instead of an iRiver?
iTunes search function is excellent. It has a very easy to use GUI as well. iPod has great accessories that are available, and a plethora of them at that. Also, I got a student discount.

Any headphone recommendation?

Jon.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
imageWIS said:
iTunes search function is excellent. It has a very easy to use GUI as well. iPod has great accessories that are available, and a plethora of them at that. Also, I got a student discount.

Any headphone recommendation?

Jon.
oh.............

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
I use stock IPOD headphones. They stay put most of the time.

But I'm guessing that you aren't have good luck with them.

I tried sony md50(not sure if that's right) they stayed put completely but the cord sucked (it was rubbery and would stick to my neck. And for me it was almost too tight of a fit to the point that I swear it messed with my balance a little bit.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
a.d.85 said:
Skullcandy Skullcrushers... the Ti's are sweet too.

I don't wear these on the trail but they are geat for campus/urban riding. Plus they are super sweet for skiing.

www.skullcandy.com
That website has some seriously cool stuff. The helmets look awsome.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
I like the Rio ones that came with my old mp3 player, they kind of wrap up uver your ear and stay in place very well. They are also black, so unlike white headphones they look a little cleaner after your ride. Just keep the volume low.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Gadget story, kinda, sorta, not really related:

The other day I was riding the train and this dull-looking girl sporting a champion muffin top sat down across from me holding a cell phone, a video game, and an ipod. She was off in clueless-land listening to the ipod really loud and playing her annoyingly loud game, and as a result she didn't hear her stupid-ass ringtone blaring away. Finally someone nudged her and she turned it off. She saw me laughing and gave me one of those cracker "What are you laughing at?" being all tough and stuff.

I looked right at her and said "If one of your gadgets is so loud that you can't hear another one of your gadgets, you've got too many gadgets." Everyone laughed. She left. I felt smug. That is all.