Quantcast

What hub?

max123

Monkey
Oct 18, 2006
So I am about to build a new wheelset for my demo 8. I currently have a dual duty with wtb super duty hub in front with play from side to side and roached bearings, and in back a dual duty laced to an abbah with double butted spokes. I know im going to do 823's with double butted spokes, but can't decide on hub. I dont want to do too expensive, so I was thinking hope pro II's. However I want something quiet, except I may be willing to change that. It can be a 10x135 qr, so that widens my options. I was also considering dt 340's. I am also thinking of doing a custom 6 speed setup so that could change my choices. Any advice is welcome, I am really unsure about what I want to do.

Windowlicker

Monkey
Dec 27, 2007
Santa Cruz
My buddy runs 6 speed on a Hope Pro 2 single speed. It is a really nice hub and he has 2. He swears by Pro 2's and recommends them to everyone.

frorider

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
cali
the hope II is not a quiet hub.

i'm a hadley fan. if you shop around, they're not that much more expensive than a hope II.

and are available with 72 pt engagement -- far preferable than the hope in that department.

frorider

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
cali
My buddy runs 6 speed on a Hope Pro 2 single speed. It is a really nice hub and he has 2. He swears by Pro 2's and recommends them to everyone.
sounds like a good setup. the hope SS hub has a steel freehub body, and 48 pt engagement rather than 24, right?

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Hope Pro2 Hope Bulb, Hadley72, if your looking for something quiet, chances are your going to be staying away from some of the higher engagement hubs. I know I know, one more to think....Transition, they make a good hub, its not loud, Its only a 24 point engagement, but its strong, I mean My fat ass ha been beating on mine now ALOT harder than I ever did my xt's and I have zero Problems. I know its a loaded topic, but I have had no issues with having a 24peh. Just so you can see it, here is a Linky!!!

http://www.transitionbikes.com/2007/Components_RevolutionHub.cfm

I mean for a Bill, you cant beat it.