Quantcast

What I did this weekend...

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
I just got back from a short vacation in Colorado. I went out for a wedding, but ended up having time to do lots of other fun things (mostly bike-related)...

Our hotel in Glenwood Springs:

The hot springs in town...warm bubbling water worked the kinks from the airplane seat and months of cubicle work right out of me:

I rented a mountain bike and explored the canyon:

The trail went right beside the Colorado river:

We ran into the locals...

It was a wonderful trip; lots of bike shops, good Mexican food and nice weather. I'd love to go back and explore some singletrack.

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
Looks great! I'm going up to Denver at the end of May with a friend; she's visiting her family and I'm just gonna goof off. I'm definitely looking forward to renting a bike and getting out for a few hours...

How was the weather? How did you do considering the thin air?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Man, what a waste of a weekend! I'm glad I was on the couch. :D

I wish we had goat trails around here, that would rule.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
macko said:
How was the weather? How did you do considering the thin air?
the weather was really nice, warm and in the mid-upper 70s. I had trouble with the thin air the first day, but things were fine by the time I went on the trail. I had more trouble with the absolute lack of humidity

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
kinghami3 said:
a.) They will escape from their fences, and run when you try to catch them (long story)
b.) Their eyes are creepy as hell.
Yeah but they can head but, they run really cool, and they have tiny balls of poop!