Quantcast

What I learned today

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
So I broke my hand and I'm off of work which means lots of butt time in front of the tube. I here my dog bark and I look out the window to see 2 chicks trying to slimjim my neighbors car. I immediatly run out side screaming pofanities and get thier plates. When the cops show, he explains that it isn't technically illegal to touch the outside of a parked car. So, what did I learn? Wait until they have broken in commited themselves, then go at them with the golf club.

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
Isn't there a simpsons quote that goes along with this, something about the law is powerless to help you but _____ to _____ you. That's going to drive me crazy now, what is it chief wiggum says?

Basically the cop knows you saw what you saw and that these girls were committing a crime but the cop isn't willing to put his credibility on the line back at the station to file charges. It might not be illegal to touch the outside of a car, but if you're tampering with a lock that's breaking and entering and it is a crime. Isn't it great how we encourage things like neighborhood watch so that crimes can go unpunished?

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
mack said:
Dont you have a paintball gun?

I do in fact. I have a very highend paintball gun with a very high rate of fire. It recently got moved upstairs, next to the front door.

And Kornflake, the cop was cool. He took prints off of the car and took my statement along with the plate #. He was telling me to wait until their hand was all the way in the cookie jar next time.
This is the 3rd time in 2 years I have SEEN somebody do this on my street.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
flatulant_man said:
what does slimjim mean? i know, i'm way dumb. i figure it probably means trying to break open in some way, but does the word apply to the actual technique? :confused:
it's the slim tool used to reach down by the window into the recesses of the door and trip the latch/lock, i believe

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
rpk1988 said:
Its scary that they sell that stuff online. Maybe a shady pawn shop, but online.....uh oh.

You can make a slimjim yourself. Hell, I used a coat hanger when I locked my keys in my truck

=[Stinky]=

I like bagels and turkey sandwiches
Sep 9, 2001
Atlanta YEAAAHHH!
rpk1988 said:
Its scary that they sell that stuff online. Maybe a shady pawn shop, but online.....uh oh.

Heh, I bought one from my local ACE hardware a few months back, when I locked my keys in the car. On the back of the packaging it gave directions on how to bend the slim jim, to work for japanese or american cars. Ahh great use of $4.95

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
My friend had a butterfly knife and brass knuckles. Check you local flea market. Haha. Some illegal must have been smuggled in sometime.