Quantcast

What in God's name...

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
LINK

Ohio Priest Pleads Innocent to Nun's Slaying

CHICAGO (Reuters) - A Roman Catholic priest in Ohio pleaded not guilty on Friday to murdering an elderly nun 24 years ago in what police investigators have said may have been a ritualistic slaying.

The Rev. Gerald Robinson, 66, stood quietly as his attorney entered a not guilty plea to the charge of aggravated murder in Lucas County Common Pleas Court in Toledo, Ohio, said Alan Konop, his lawyer.

Robinson is charged in the murder of Sister Margaret Ann Pahl, 71, who was killed during Easter weekend 1980 in the chapel of a hospital where she and Robinson worked.

Sister Margaret was strangled, then covered with an altar cloth and stabbed several times along the neck and torso, the Toledo Blade reported citing unnamed sources.

Few details of the investigation that led to Robinson's arrest last month have been released.

The Blade has reported that police re-opened the case after a woman now in her 40s told a church panel investigating sexual abuse by priests that Robinson had been involved in satanic rituals.

Robinson, wearing his priest's collar, spoke only once during the five-minute hearing, to waive his right to attend a May 24 pretrial hearing, Konop said. Robinson was released Monday on $200,000 bond.

Church officials in Toledo stripped Robinson of his public clerical duties after his arrest, barring him from celebrating Holy Communion or any other sacrament.

Robinson's brother and sister-in-law attended the hearing, Konop said.

If convicted, Robinson could be sentenced to life in prison. He is not eligible for the death penalty because it was not in effect in Ohio at the time of the killing. ((Reporting by Brad Dorfman; editing by Diane Bartz; Reuters Messaging: bradley.dorfman.reuters.com@reuters.net; 312-408-8133;bradley.dorfman@reuters.me of

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Did you guys ever see that movie with Edward Norton and Richard Gere? That movie gave me a really bad feeling. I got that same bad feeling when I first heard about that story.

People can do some odd stuff when it comes to the Church. An ex of mine is a pastor's daughter and she's a freak. She's the only person I know to have ever hooked up in a church (not with me though, it wouldn't have felt right.)

skeletor

Chimp
Mar 22, 2004
STORE.
why the fcuk would they mention that the preist was performing satanic rituals, thats soo stupid.

why would a preist do satanic siht? wtf, just quit bein a preist dumbsas

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Originally posted by skeletor
why would a preist do satanic siht? wtf, just quit bein a preist dumbsas
A Roman Catholic priest... need I say more. These are the people who try to hide the rampant sexual assault of children b/c it might make the church look bad.

It took them over a year to defrock a preist who was convicted of molesting children.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Originally posted by Slugman
A Roman Catholic priest... need I say more. These are the people who try to hide the rampant sexual assault of children b/c it might make the church look bad.

It took them over a year to defrock a preist who was convicted of molesting children.
Oh, c'mon...who knows if those kids are even telling the truth anway?:mad: