Quantcast

What is 4x?

Aug 28, 2003
Ashland, OR
I've been hearing refences to it, but no explanations, when i look it up on google all i get is race results. Anyone care to bring me out of the dark or point me to a website?

RD

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Boston, MA
mountaincross racing. in the current format, there are 4 riders. therefore mountaincross racing is often referred to as 4x...

axlvid23

Monkey
Jun 1, 2003
Littleton
they run typical dual slalom rigs..like 4in travel bikes..or hardtails..an example would be like a azonic DS-1..or an giant AC..or a yeti asx...or something of this nature..the courses normally have burms, doubles, triples, and rollers and stuff like that..lots like BMX racing ...but on mountian bikes on a gravity fed course

axlvid23

Monkey
Jun 1, 2003
Littleton
oregon has a DH race series....im not sure if they have 4X because ive never raced any of those races being as that i live in colorado. you should look into it though.. if not all the nationals have 4X races and there is one in big bear.

North* Dher

Chimp
Jul 23, 2002
Colfax
Originally posted by WillRidesRigid
Sounds awesome, any courses in southern oregon or northern cali? how do you get into it?
Nor Cal theres a course at Sandhill. There's also one at Sea Otter Classic. I don't think you can ride it except for the race.

www.prsports.com check it out