Quantcast

What is a big jump?

Ice Bullit

Monkey
Mar 16, 2003
Seattle, WA
Originally posted by bibs
what kind of hyrdrolic brakes:D
I think Magura Claras or something like tha, they came on his 2002 Brass Monkey. Right now they don't even work, they have a ton of air in the lines. Guess we are taking them back to the bike shop :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Ice Bullit
I think Magura Claras or something like tha, they came on his 2002 Brass Monkey. Right now they don't even work, they have a ton of air in the lines. Guess we are taking them back to the bike shop :rolleyes:
Sounds like a simple bleed job. If your not familiar, taking it to an LBS is probably your best bet.

SebringMGB

Monkey
Feb 6, 2004
Washington
you got air in the lines!?!?!?! oh ****. a lbs isnt gonna be able to fix that, your gonna need to find someone with an ozone generator, or make one( how to make an ozone generator ) then you will need a pump that can create a perfect vacuum. now build a box big enough for you and you bike (in case i forgot to mention it, you will need a space suit) i would reccomend 3 inch thick polycarbonate. now put you and your bike inside the box, and set the pump running. as soon as there is no (and i mean NONE) air in the box, you are going to need to fill the entire thing with brake fluid. once the box is filled with brake fluid, undo your bleeder screw and start pumping your brakes (its important to leave the pump on to to maintain the airless envirnonment, and draw the air out of your brake lines) once bubbles stop floating to the top of the box, close your bleeder screws and drain the box. but be sure not to let it out too fast or the box will colapse, crushing you and you bike (there is still a vacuum in there remember) once all the fluid is drained, you can bring the box up to normal temperature and pressure by filling it with ozone from your ozone machine. you are going to need to leave the bike in the box with the ozone for 2 weeks, and you cant let any air in, so dont go trying to get out of the box. after the 2 week period, you are ok to pump the ozone out into an outside area (not into your house, it is poinsonous in large amounts) and your brakes should feel good. if the lever still feels mushy, repeat the process untill they feel good.

sorry, im sick of working on my car and needed a 10 min break...

Zaskar Rider

Monkey
May 29, 2002
PNW
Originally posted by SebringMGB
you got air in the lines!?!?!?! oh ****. a lbs isnt gonna be able to fix that, your gonna need to find someone with an ozone generator, or make one( how to make an ozone generator ) then you will need a pump that can create a perfect vacuum. now build a box big enough for you and you bike (in case i forgot to mention it, you will need a space suit) i would reccomend 3 inch thick polycarbonate. now put you and your bike inside the box, and set the pump running. as soon as there is no (and i mean NONE) air in the box, you are going to need to fill the entire thing with brake fluid. once the box is filled with brake fluid, undo your bleeder screw and start pumping your brakes (its important to leave the pump on to to maintain the airless envirnonment, and draw the air out of your brake lines) once bubbles stop floating to the top of the box, close your bleeder screws and drain the box. but be sure not to let it out too fast or the box will colapse, crushing you and you bike (there is still a vacuum in there remember) once all the fluid is drained, you can bring the box up to normal temperature and pressure by filling it with ozone from your ozone machine. you are going to need to leave the bike in the box with the ozone for 2 weeks, and you cant let any air in, so dont go trying to get out of the box. after the 2 week period, you are ok to pump the ozone out into an outside area (not into your house, it is poinsonous in large amounts) and your brakes should feel good. if the lever still feels mushy, repeath the process untill they feel good.

That was awesome, you never cease to amaze me :D

FlashBullit

Monkey
Dec 19, 2003
Ok that will be easy.:D Mmmmm well there was a hole in it some where near the lever so my brother took it to super Go and they send it to the makers. it many be some time before i get my rear brake back, but i dont need it for now.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Originally posted by bibs
ok, ill take them off and give them back to my neighbor.....Hey look she must ride bikes too...theres dirt marks in the undies!! Just like mine from a good muddy ride!:D :eek: .....oh wait...THOSE ARENT DIRT MARKS!!:mumble:

You just HAD to eh? We had a perfectly good retarded thread going and you had to turn into something ugly.....gahd!

freeriding101

Monkey
May 11, 2004
Anacortes WA
Originally posted by SebringMGB
you got air in the lines!?!?!?! oh ****. a lbs isnt gonna be able to fix that, your gonna need to find someone with an ozone generator, or make one( how to make an ozone generator ) then you will need a pump that can create a perfect vacuum. now build a box big enough for you and you bike (in case i forgot to mention it, you will need a space suit) i would reccomend 3 inch thick polycarbonate. now put you and your bike inside the box, and set the pump running. as soon as there is no (and i mean NONE) air in the box, you are going to need to fill the entire thing with brake fluid. once the box is filled with brake fluid, undo your bleeder screw and start pumping your brakes (its important to leave the pump on to to maintain the airless envirnonment, and draw the air out of your brake lines) once bubbles stop floating to the top of the box, close your bleeder screws and drain the box. but be sure not to let it out too fast or the box will colapse, crushing you and you bike (there is still a vacuum in there remember) once all the fluid is drained, you can bring the box up to normal temperature and pressure by filling it with ozone from your ozone machine. you are going to need to leave the bike in the box with the ozone for 2 weeks, and you cant let any air in, so dont go trying to get out of the box. after the 2 week period, you are ok to pump the ozone out into an outside area (not into your house, it is poinsonous in large amounts) and your brakes should feel good. if the lever still feels mushy, repeat the process untill they feel good.

WTF

fireball3028

Chimp
May 11, 2004
bothell washington
********************************************************************************************************

*Admin edit* Consider this your first and last warning. I suggest you go and re-read the rules when you first signed up on this forum.