Quantcast

what is a good LBS you trust in san diego?

ifouiripilay

Chimp
Sep 1, 2005
san diego, north park
i'm looking for a good local bike that i can trust near or around balboa park. i would love to learn and do it myself but i've learn through my old car that sometimes its best to leave it to the experts. and suggestions? thanks

schweino1

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
you have 2 options:

1.- beyond bikes (arround a 10 min drive north)

2.- the Bicycle warehouse (either drive south to L street or north to Balboa street)

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Beyond bikes is 10 minutes from Balboa Park? How fast are you driving? I would think more like 20 minutes. I would recommend Adams Ave bikes.
http://www.aabikes.net/
They are about a 7 minute ride from Balboa park. Dan is a great guy to deal with...D

David SD38

Chimp
May 25, 2005
El Cajon
Read Bad Sellers & Scams before you take your bike to some of these shops.

FYI I dont ride a Trek but the service dept. and sales personel at the La Mesa are the best I have ever dealt with. They are just good people.

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
David SD38 said:
Read Bad Sellers & Scams before you take your bike to some of these shops.

FYI I dont ride a Trek but the service dept. and sales personel at the La Mesa are the best I have ever dealt with. They are just good people.
if your referring to beyond. they are just fine in person. just dont order stuff

Gimper4JC

Chimp
Jan 18, 2004
San Diego, CA
lovebunny said:
if your referring to beyond. they are just fine in person. just dont order stuff
Sorry, I would have to disagree. There was a day where I ONLY shopped there... And was ALWAYS taken care of by Talor. I really don't know about the rest of they guys there personally but, the last few times I did buy there,.. I feel the customer service has been lost. I now shop elsewhere. I don't know about the rest of you but, I work VERY hard for my $$$ and will choose wisley on where it gets spent... Enough of the rant.

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
I've yet to find a shop I really like, bicycle warehouse would be closest to what I think a shop should be, but they definately seem to cater to the poser demographic just like every other shop in the county. They've got a lot of flashy high end bikes in stock but for some reason if you need any part for your own flashy high end bike it'll take a couple of days for them to order it and they'll charge you more than ordering from JensonUSA even with shipping costs.

For a shop near balboa park, Adams Avenue Bikes is pretty good, at least they know what a bike is and they are generally competent mechanics. Unfortunately their inventory leaves much to be desired, the one time I ordered a derailur from them they were at least willing to give me a competitive price.

schweino1

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
Dude, try beyondbikes... i have ben buying from them for like 4 years, since they were up in rancho peñasquitos....

no problems since then.... in the other hand, every time a buddy of mine needs something, anything, they wont have it in stock... never happened to me tough...

also online orders, if they say they can ship right away, they will, but if the add says 2-5 days, you better be patient....

and since they have price match.... you can get price point or jensonUSA prices all the time....

o, and the show room rules......

but then, im just a compulsive buyer, TLD whoore, poser.....