Quantcast

What is a used DH bike worth?

CKxx

Monkey
Apr 10, 2006
Sorry if this is the wrong forum, I haven't been here in a while.

I was wondering, roughly, what used DH bikes sell for? Is it safe to just ask about half what I paid for it, or what? I've never sold a bike before (which may also be why I have too damn many).

'07 SX Trail, Fox 36, CCDB, Deemax wheelset.

Thanks for the help!

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I'd guesstimate you'll get roughly 1/3 of what the MSRP would be new. Custom builds are tough since there's no exact reference though.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
What people will pay for it. I know that's a bit vague and unhelpful. What I do is try to find similar builds/bikes online and see how much those are selling for.

Also consider parting it out, many times you can make more than selling it complete.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
The SX Trail is more of an All Mountain bike than a DH bike. So you have to adjust the price accordingly.

Oct 9, 2006
Don't give the CKxx no tree-fiddy woman. Maybe a buck-o-five.

But like HAB said....size? I might also know someone who is interested.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Also the pivots on Specialized bikes are less durable because of the smaller horst link pivot in the rear.

And the wear and tear on DH bikes are usually high.

CKxx

Monkey
Apr 10, 2006
Alright, sounds good.

I'm gonna get some pictures and make a thread for it.

Thanks.

Sonic Reducer

Monkey
Mar 19, 2006
seattle worshington
Sorry if this is the wrong forum, I haven't been here in a while.

I was wondering, roughly, what used DH bikes sell for? Is it safe to just ask about half what I paid for it, or what? I've never sold a bike before (which may also be why I have too damn many).

'07 SX Trail, Fox 36, CCDB, Deemax wheelset.

Thanks for the help!
i'd ask for about $2200 if its in good condition. the sx trails are pretty desirable on the used market and yours has some nice parts.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
The SX Trail is more of an All Mountain bike than a DH bike. So you have to adjust the price accordingly.
Sorry, have to disagree. I have one and it rides like a like a medium duty DH rig.

Also the pivots on Specialized bikes are less durable because of the smaller horst link pivot in the rear.
SX-Trails are plenty strong and I have never had any problems with the pivots.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Sorry, have to disagree. I have one and it rides like a like a medium duty DH rig.

SX-Trails are plenty strong and I have never had any problems with the pivots.
I find my Enduro needs a lot of work.

The SX Trails that I know of, one kid services all his bikes every other month, but I don't know how the other bike held up.