Quantcast

What is happening to me????

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
All of a sudden I'm thinking more about road riding and road bikes than I am about mountain bikes and riding on the dirt.........what is going on with me??

I mean I found myself scanning all the latest Jamis Road bikes just a few minutes ago after reading Jackson's no test ride bike shop thread and man I just can't take my eyes of of the new 2005 Eclipse!

:drool: :drool:

Do any of you waver back and forth between being super into road riding and then switching back over to jonesin to hit the dirt at any moment possible??

Right now, I'm jonesin for a good long road ride with some nice climbs and fast descents!

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MMcG said:
ADo any of you waver back and forth between being super into road riding and then switching back over to jonesin to hit the dirt at any moment possible??
No. You freak. MTB is always my first choice....unless MBC tells me we're doing road. :p

:dancing:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MMcG said:
Maybe I just need to get out to Case Mountain or something to snap me back into form. :)
I'm just busting your butt, man. :D I have warmed up to road riding quite a bit in the past year. It feels good to go so fast on a road bike and not have to lug a 30 pound CamelBak.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
SkaredShtles said:
I disagree with you and Narlus S.S. I like to see the different things you can see while on a road ride. Different typse of houses, farms, stone fences along property lines, sheep, horses, Llamas, trees, rivers etc. etc.

It's fun to cover a lot of ground in two or three hours and discover roads in neighboring towns that you'd never venture down while driving your car etc. etc.

Road riding is good stuff IMO! :thumb:

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
I just bought a Bianchi Pista fixie the other day. Well I don't have it yet, but soon....soon. Wasn't too jazzed about the chrome, but I might be "uglifying" it with some electrical tape so it doesn't matter.

Can't wait to get it.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
MMcG said:
I disagree with you and Narlus S.S. I like to see the different things you can see while on a road ride. Different typse of houses, farms, stone fences along property lines, sheep, horses, Llamas, trees, rivers etc. etc.

It's fun to cover a lot of ground in two or three hours and discover roads in neighboring towns that you'd never venture down while driving your car etc. etc.

Road riding is good stuff IMO! :thumb:
You should seek :help: immediately in the form of a 30 mile singletrack ride in the mountains............ :eek:

-S.S.-

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MMcG said:
Different typse of houses, farms, stone fences along property lines, sheep, horses, Llamas, trees, rivers etc. etc.
Lots of this stuff on the 37 mile route I keep talking about. And you get plenty of time to enjoy that scenery as you crawl up some climbs. :)

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I Are Baboon said:
Lots of this stuff on the 37 mile route I keep talking about. And you get plenty of time to enjoy that scenery as you crawl up some climbs. :)
Excellent! Can't wait to hit that route with you. Perhaps Laura will have a road bike by then as well! :thumb:

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
What's wrong w/ Shimano? I ride DA dbl 9spd and it works great. MMcG are you a roadie Campy snooby?
BTW you guys should check that Sampson site. I like what they're doing, and they're in Denver. Me tho, I'm trading in my Al Italian and going over to steel.

splat

Nam I am
Pau11y said:
What's wrong w/ Shimano? I ride DA dbl 9spd and it works great. MMcG are you a roadie Campy snooby?
BTW you guys should check that Sampson site. I like what they're doing, and they're in Denver. Me tho, I'm trading in my Al Italian and going over to steel.
Nothing is really wrong with Shimano , I just prefer Campy. I like the feel of the ergo shifting Vs. the STI.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I've been riding more road lately but not because I like more. I ride road when the trails are wet or when I need to get in a 6+ hour ride. I despise riding on the road solo.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Pau11y said:

I'm not a Campy snooby - but Splat is a big Campy fan.

I don't know enough about road bikes - yet!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Pau11y said:
BTW you guys should check that Sampson site.
What is this Sampson site you speak of???

Care to provide a link?

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
MMcG said:
All of a sudden I'm thinking more about road riding and road bikes than I am about mountain bikes and riding on the dirt.........what is going on with me??
It's OK, man, a lot of men go through an "experimental" phase; it doesn't mean you're going to stay there. But be prepared to find out and accept the truth about yourself in any case. The fact that that picture is turning you on means you have some soul-searching to do, at least.

There's also the possibility you're bi(cyclist), in which case you'll probably enjoy yourself quite a bit, riding whatever you find attractive at the moment. But there's some social and emotional strain riding that roller coaster, too.

Just be who you are, lycra or not. Society is very accepting these days, regardless of the religious/moral backlash.

Seriously, though, I hop on the road bike when I can't ride trail and enjoy it. So I guess I'm bicycle-curious, too. I just wish someone made a knee-length lycra that had plastic 'sliders' on it. Dianese road wear, if you will. I crashed mildly on the road once, and it really, really sucked.