Quantcast

what is "manualing"

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
It's a non-pedalling wheelie.

You just keep the bike on the rear wheel by shifting your weight.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
When trying to install something new like a DVD player and having to stoop down to the levels of reading the product documentation to get it right.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
Westy said:
When trying to install something new like a DVD player and having to stoop down to the levels of reading the product documentation to get it right.
What is this 'product documentation' you speak of?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The Toninator said:
sweet, RTFManualing.
That seems to be all I do at work any more.

RTFMTFRWATFSATDLTDITS

(Read The Freaking Manuals To Freaking Retards Who Are Too Freaking Stupid And Too Damn Lazy To Do It Themselves)

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Westy said:
That seems to be all I do at work any more.

RTFMTFRWATFSATDLTDITS

(Read The Freaking Manuals To Freaking Retards Who Are Too Freaking Stupid And Too Damn Lazy To Do It Themselves)

no doubt!

my Fav is when I get this call:

employee: I was processing a credit card and a window poped up that says "you must call the processing center at 1-800-555-1234 to obtain the capture number", what do i do?

me: you have to call the processing center at 1-800-555-1234 to obtain the capture number.

:mumble: :rolleyes: :clue:

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
douglas said:
no doubt!

employee: I was processing a credit card and a window poped up that says "you must call the processing center at 1-800-555-1234 to obtain the capture number", what do i do?

me: you have to call the processing center at 1-800-555-1234 to obtain the capture number.

Like my boss (the IT Coord of my dept), who let his new XP machine sit for over 30 days before activating it, wants to know what to do since it won't let him log in and prompts him to call an 800 number to activate the software.

Hmmm,,.... let's see, your an IT guy and you can't fingure this out. Why am I working here again?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
douglas said:
no doubt!

I got a message from a Sales"Engineer" the other month asking me about the specs on a product. I refered him to the chapter in the manual with the data he was looking for including a link to the manual on our network. He replied asking me to cut and paste the information into an email so he didn't have to look it up. My reply was to ask him if I got paid any more money if I did his job too. He is now on my auto delete list. The jackass will have to go through my boss if he wants any help from me.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
If only to hijack this thread further, out new call center is funny. All I hear all day is "Your user name and password are printed on the inside cover of the manual...", 90% of the calls are "what is my user name and password?" We hid it inside the manual. :thumb:

titch

Chimp
Apr 11, 2006
wisbech, cambridgeshire
douglas said:
no doubt!

the best i've heard is when someone rang their computer helpline saying that it's not working because the screens dead. the advice spokesperson said that it might be this that and the other thats wrong with it then after about 3 hours later he finally said is it turned on. the customer said yes do you think i'm stupid, yada yada. then the bloke realised it wasn't turned on. the next thing you know is the spokesperson has been sacked, for yelling at the customer, "i'm sick of this job, all i do all day every day, is telling stupid w**k**s like you how to use the f**k**g computer you haven't even turned on yet".

i found it quite funny, but now back to bikes, anyone know if the DMR dirt saddles are any good. i just bought one but i don't know what the wear and tear is like. any help?