Quantcast

What is the best unknown brand?

SOil

Chimp
Jun 24, 2005
Over the last few years several small brands, often created by riders, have come on the scene and today compete directly with the giants of the game.

Since some of these brands are often not well known or may not be present in every international market, I thought o topic on the subject may bring to light some component/frame/etc brands that people may not be aware of.

Happy trails.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
stoney98 said:
iron horse - unknown to 99% of cycling consumers outside of enthusiasts.
Or only known to perverted mtn biker chicks...everytime I hear or see the words Iron Horse...I think of that hot piece of ass that used to ride for them years ago Pistol Pete Lancarovich...godDAMN he was HOTTER'N any hpoa EVER...specially since he'd walk around the iron horse tent and venue with no shirt and all those tattooooooozzz...mmmmmm....piiiiiisssstollll ppeeeeeeeete :heart: :drool: :love:

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
dh girlie said:
Or only known to perverted mtn biker chicks...everytime I hear or see the words Iron Horse...I think of that hot piece of ass that used to ride for them years ago Pistol Pete Lancarovich...godDAMN he was HOTTER'N any hpoa EVER...specially since he'd walk around the iron horse tent and venue with no shirt and all those tattooooooozzz...mmmmmm....piiiiiisssstollll ppeeeeeeeete :heart: :drool: :love:
Go drink from your douchebag...

slo

Chimp
Jul 26, 2005
australia
SOil said:
Seen these a while ago, not sure how well known they are, "ktm orange" looks flash http://www.craftworkscycles.com/
craftworks make some serious machines, the state champion (downhill) is riding one, as well as a good mate of mine who pulling consistant 3rd and 4ths behind him. another mate is throwing them off the jumps that grant allen has built up near our house with no serious dramas.... check them out if you can :p

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
Greyhound said:
Putting in a plug for Transition Bikes over in Seattle. Got a Preston FR coming to me on Thursday.
i saw some guy in NYC w/ one, he almost looked like a messenger, but that seems like a bad bike for that job. he might have been riding w/ some guy on an old yeti dh-9 though

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
stinkyboy said:
Interesting...

I will prolly build one of these someday: http://www.fetishcycles.com/

Cheap AND local. You can get the frames on ebay for around $100...
i've built up 2 of those, junk. they got the IS disk taps wrong and are off. i had to have a friend machine me a piece to work. the rear drop outs are off as well. they need some help in the geometry and design. but if they can sell for that cheap and still make something then, cool.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
DHS said:
i've built up 2 of those, junk. they got the IS disk taps wrong and are off. i had to have a friend machine me a piece to work. the rear drop outs are off as well. they need some help in the geometry and design. but if they can sell for that cheap and still make something then, cool.
That sux. Thanks for the heads up!

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
Seen these a while ago, not sure how well known they are, "ktm orange" looks flash http://www.craftworkscycles.com/
slo said:
craftworks make some serious machines, the state champion (downhill) is riding one, as well as a good mate of mine who pulling consistant 3rd and 4ths behind him. another mate is throwing them off the jumps that grant allen has built up near our house with no serious dramas.... check them out if you can :p
I have a Craftworks FRM125. Great frame, too bad i can't say the same about the other companies components attached to it. :mumble:

I second Sinister. I would also say E.Thirteen, they are mostly know only to a small niche of the mtb scene. Your average rider wouldn't know them at all. Also, the custom machined stuff that Go-Ride is doing may qualify. Really sharp looking. :thumb: