Quantcast

what is the cost of living like in Denver

smacky

Chimp
Oct 26, 2006
Like the title states, how is the cost of living. i.e. 1 bedroom apt, gas, etc. Any help is appreciated. I will be moving there in January and I would like some kind of heads-up so I know what to expect.

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
Smacky, where in CO are you headed to, front range, or mountains/western slope? If you're headed to a ski area, Jan will be a rough time finding descently priced housing. Util in condo-land of ski areas will be sky high as most build them cheap and fast w/ baseboard electric heat. For instance, in Steamboat, it's not uncommon for a baseboard electric heated house to reach into the $250.00/mo range for the electric bill. In D-town, you can keep the heat pretty low and prob be under $50.00 a month.

smacky

Chimp
Oct 26, 2006
I will be making the move to Denver Summer of 07. I know it is still a ways off but since I know where I will be next year, I just want to get a heads up and start researching so I will have a general idea as to what I will expect. Plus, I will be making a couple of trips out to Deven over the Winter and Spring to look at housing, etc.
I am living in the midwest and rent here for a nice 1 bedroom is between 500-700 depending the what amenities you are looking for. Thanks for any info

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
I will be making the move to Denver Summer of 07. I know it is still a ways off but since I know where I will be next year, I just want to get a heads up and start researching so I will have a general idea as to what I will expect. Plus, I will be making a couple of trips out to Deven over the Winter and Spring to look at housing, etc.
I am living in the midwest and rent here for a nice 1 bedroom is between 500-700 depending the what amenities you are looking for. Thanks for any info
Well, for that rent, you won't find any "nice" apartments, but you will find apartments. And Ascentrek is wrong. Most places that have apts at that price will throw in the gunshots and hookers for free.

Start looking through craigslist. Deals can be found. We're currently renting a 3 bed/2 bath in Westminster (middle-class suburbs) for $900.