Quantcast

What is the deal with these things?

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
I suppose you'll just have to ride one to truly find out, but for me they just fit better than any other bike I've ever owned. My 29er just feels right. To me, it is what MTB'ing should be...... fun! Of course that is all subjective. What is right for me, may not be right for you, YMMV, etc., etc.

I feel like the wheels size is more appropriate for me, and my endo prone nature. IIt is like I'm "in" the bike rather than "on" the bike. I steer and rail the tight stuff much differently, mainly using my hips to drive the fast tight lines in and out of the turns into the next and the bike just responds with incredible precision. In the rough, my rigid 29er feels more comfy and controlled over my 26" hardtail with 100mm susser. It may not feel as comfy as my 26" FS 5" F&R but I have way more fun on it and still feel the steering and tracking is more precise, not to mention it climbs light years better! I feel more stable at slower speeds too. Incredibly, I am taking tight, steep switch backs with more confidence as well. I also feel like I can run skinnier, faster tires with more traction and less feedback than my slow, fat 26" porkers (always felt too battered on smaller 26" tires).

So, give one a test spin if you get a chance. You may just like it.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
yeah see if you can test ride one. Maybe for a full weekend or something along those lines, as it sometimes takes a bit of time to adjust to the big hoops.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
So now, there ya have it....I have am XC bike, an FR bike, and a DH bike.......How the hell can I explain a 29'r to my wife... while unemployed no less!.... :eek:

:D

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
yeah, no sh!t........Contract work sucks a$$. Well, so does work, BUT, I have to pay for important stuff, like tires, springs, you know, important stuff. And now....a 29'r........:p

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
So now, there ya have it....I have am XC bike, an FR bike, and a DH bike.......How the hell can I explain a 29'r to my wife... while unemployed no less!.... :eek:

:D
Simple, the 29er will be your XC bike. Sell your "other" xc bike and you're set. I know you have some sentimental value with your Ti HT, but sometimes you just gotta let go. :)