Quantcast

What is the difference between RS Reba QR20 and Revelation fork?

Brooce

Chimp
Oct 7, 2009
Hey

Can anyone tell me the difference between these two forks?
Reba and revelation. Revelation is claimed to be stronger - as a fork for all mountain - but is it so in reality? If yes, than why, whats different inside them?

(regardless fork's travel of course, lets take RACE models into consideration, QR20 in both cases)

JustMtnB44

Monkey
Sep 13, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
They are very similar forks. The Revelation is billed as an AM fork because it comes in longer travel (130mm-150mm) where as the Reba is more of an XC fork because it only comes in shorter travel versions (80mm-120mm). Since the weight is very similar, I don't think the Revelation is any stronger. I think choosing between them really just depends on how much travel you need/want. I went with the Revelation Team Dual Air for my new build, but don't have it yet so I can't comment on performance.

dsb18292

Chimp
Mar 24, 2009
Word. Mainly the length of the lowers and stanchions. Otherwise about the same fork strength-wise. Before the revelation many 4X racers were on Reba, so I don't think it is an issue.

oldfart

Turbo Monkey
Jul 5, 2001
North Van
I had a Reba that I sent back twice for a creaking crown assembly. Second time it cam back with a beefier crown from I think a Revelation. I assume the Revelation may be stronger in other aspects as well. Not so much internaly but the stanchions crown and maybe the lowers. Just a guess though.