Quantcast

What is this Screamo crap?

=[Stinky]=

I like bagels and turkey sandwiches
Sep 9, 2001
Atlanta YEAAAHHH!
dh girlie said:
From the description of this 'Screamo' stuff, I'd say you'd NEED to be drunk to listen to it! :D
No... Actually a lot Screamo/emo kids are straightedge.

to be screamo... you need to....
-Live off your parents trustfund.
-Complain about how harcore and real you are (even though everything is handed to you)
-Be good at whining.
-Dye your hair jet black. Cut your hair so your bangs hang real low in the front, and go to really short in the back
-Use that trustfund money to buy so ultra hardcore full length arm tattos
-make up a band name that is atleast a sentance long.
-Buy some trucker hats
-Wear 50 cent thrift store t-shirts, with a $200 pair of jeans....

Im sure I can think of more....

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
=[Stinky]= said:

-Complain about how harcore and real you are (even though everything is handed to you)
-Be good at whining.
-Dye your hair jet black. Cut your hair so your bangs hang real low in the front, and go to really short in the back
-Buy some trucker hats

HAHA! Ok...can you give the name of the most mainstream Emo band? Are emo bands (keep in mind I'm old) bands like Jimmy Eat World, Sum 41, etc? Are there actually SCREAMO bands or is that another name for Emo bands or what...help an old lady understand. :D

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
dh girlie said:
HAHAHA! Disco hair band...come on...who COULDN'T have a Starsky and Hutch movie style dance off to Smoke on the Water????
Hey, not I didnt say I was a fan of Deep purple... All I was saying was...

mack said:
Well, im only 15 so I guess this is the first time ive heard of it besides KISS, and no body likes KISS (snip) And there were a whole bunch of hard rockers with big hair like Motley Crue, Deep Purple ect (snip).

HTFR

Monkey
Aug 20, 2002
Chelsea, Quebek
=[Stinky]= said:

-Be good at whining.
-Buy some trucker hats

straight edge, most boring years of my life!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
HTFR said:
straight edge, most boring years of my life!
I live a sheltered life but I don't quite get the straight edge thing, being all uppity about not being like most people and not doing drugs? It's like being proud of being middle class or having suburbia tattooed on your chest.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
I might actaully have some respect for this music. I guess some of them can play live concerts.

But i saw a live video while fliping through mtv, vh1 and fuse and a live show of the used was playing. And jesus they really cant play at all. I mean come on, it was pathetic. So i changed the channel and went back to watching Speed. :thumb:

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
dh girlie said:
you DID see the Starsky and Hutch movie, didn't you?
Are you once again going to try to get me to watch a ben stiller movie? I saw dodge ball and GOD was it some of the worst movie watching I have ever done, Stiller was THE only funny thing in the movie I must admit however Zoolander was pretty funny.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
golgiaparatus said:
Are you once again going to try to get me to watch a ben stiller movie? I saw dodge ball and GOD was it some of the worst movie watching I have ever done, Stiller was THE only funny thing in the movie I must admit however Zoolander was pretty funny.
I don't recall ever telling you to watch Dodge Ball, but if you don't like Zoolander you are one uptight mother f'er! :D

As for Starsky and Hutch...it was funny...enjoyable...and there is this scene where Ben Stillers character, Starsky, does some coke, unbeknownst to him, and he gets in a dance off with this dude with a fro...it all takes place in the 70's and that scene is absolutely hysterical...and this was all in reference to the kid that you quoted saying something about Deep Purple being a disco hair band. Nevermind...

=[Stinky]=

Sep 9, 2001
Atlanta YEAAAHHH!
dh girlie said:
HAHA! Ok...can you give the name of the most mainstream Emo band? Are emo bands (keep in mind I'm old) bands like Jimmy Eat World, Sum 41, etc? Are there actually SCREAMO bands or is that another name for Emo bands or what...help an old lady understand. :D

Hrm.... 'Saves The Day' seems to be popular emo band.

Sum 41 is more punk(ish) style.... Jimmy eat world is alt rock

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Saves the Day is a good band. :thumb: At least they can play and sing. Hey Mercedes is another good one i like with a similar sound.

=[Stinky]=

Sep 9, 2001
Atlanta YEAAAHHH!
mack said:
Saves the Day is a good band. :thumb: At least they can play and sing. Hey Mercedes is another good one i like with a similar sound.
They ride FreeAgent BMX bikes too..... THey played a show next to the shop I work at. The day after the show, they came in and bought 3 of those freeagents.

Sep 29, 2004
N8 said:
sceamo is the new hip-hop... they both suck.
no its not bc hip hop was started (origianally of course but went a bit downhill) as a sort of new way to sing the blues and talk about a struggle, screamo and emo kids have had no such surggle. unless ossing bein depressed because some girl dosnt love you or ur paents used to yell at you falls under "struggle". Basically whiney a$$ teenagers who are too busy feeling sorry for themselvves and looking for ympathy to do sumtin about it... Son

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
N8 said:
screamo = GAY
Wow, way to back up your points. Honestly, Who suprised the most outspoken republican on this board brough up something being gay without any evidence? N8 i can guarantee you that screamo, and all forms of music have no sexual affiliations or preferences what-so-ever.

=[Stinky]=

Sep 9, 2001
Atlanta YEAAAHHH!
Sir Happypants said:
no its not bc hip hop was started (origianally of course but went a bit downhill) as a sort of new way to sing the blues and talk about a struggle, screamo and emo kids have had no such surggle. unless ossing bein depressed because some girl dosnt love you or ur paents used to yell at you falls under "struggle".

Haha, Amen brother. We call the Emo's/hipsters around here "trustafarians" Seeing as their income is a trust fund in daddy's name

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
escapeartist said:
Wow, way to back up your points. Honestly, Who suprised the most outspoken republican on this board brough up something being gay without any evidence? N8 i can guarantee you that screamo, and all forms of music have no sexual affiliations or preferences what-so-ever.

:dead:

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
escapeartist said:
Is that a threat smiley?

It likely means you'll be torn up by N8 when he reads what you wrote, kinda like opening a can of worms.....or bats....or real-life-action-figure-sized-vampire-things...I think :think: Hell, I don't know.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Sir Happypants said:
no its not bc hip hop was started (origianally of course but went a bit downhill) as a sort of new way to sing the blues and talk about a struggle, screamo and emo kids have had no such surggle. unless ossing bein depressed because some girl dosnt love you or ur paents used to yell at you falls under "struggle". Basically whiney a$$ teenagers who are too busy feeling sorry for themselvves and looking for ympathy to do sumtin about it... Son

Whoa...is that emo or screamo style posting?

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
escapeartist said:

I think I can kinda speak for N8 here when I say that he was not using 'gay' as a reference to the alternative lifestyle...