Quantcast

What is this specialized fsr team dh worth?

Gopedguy

Chimp
Jul 23, 2020
Hi everyone. New here. Used to have a 2003 kona stinky. All I did was walk my dog with it. Sold it. Started going hiking with me ex and then wanted it back to hit the trials. Been trying to trade for a decent downhill bike ever sense.

I got a trade offer for my $1,300 goped. Is it even worth $300? Any input appreciated. Obviously. It needs the rear tire swapped for a proper dirt tire.

What is the absolute highest value for it? If you were being extremely generous.

IMG_20200723_114118_044.jpg
IMG_20200723_114118_044.jpgimagejpeg_0(2).jpgimagejpeg_0(3).jpgimagejpeg_0(4).jpgimagejpeg_0(5).jpg

Gopedguy

Chimp
Jul 23, 2020
pretty much, a few hundred bucks, and that wouldn't be an ideal trail bike.
what type of trails are you planning on riding? where?
Completely new to it. But Juaquin miller in oakland and black diamond mines in Antioch.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Either buy Norbar's DH bike (be a shrewd negotiator) or find a sweet hardtail for that cost.

I wouldn't even hard that FSR on the wall.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
no collectible value and no performance value. $150-250 as a commuter and that's it.
That sounds about right imo. What Marz fork is that? Remember a time about 10-15 years ago that folks were clamoring over old mister-ts and what not. Think that period has passed, but still curious what that fork is.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
That sounds about right imo. What Marz fork is that? Remember a time about 10-15 years ago that folks were clamoring over old mister-ts and what not. Think that period has passed, but still curious what that fork is.
Hard to tell, because of the way that it is, but I think it's a junior T. Nobody wants those. The Mr T was a Z1 with two crowns, but the JR had the ported damper rather than shim stack, or something like that. I think this would be fine for your dad or girlfriend, but you could pay just a little bit more and get a lot more if you're smart.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
A good buddy in NorCal had the FSR elite max-backbone version of that bike back in the day.

Team DH

1595603633473.png

Spec enduro Max Backbone (FSR Elite)

1595603672776.png

Spec Enduro non-Max Backbone

1595603710681.png

Both of the Enduro's could be fitted with BETD links to boost travel to 6".

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I still have a hard-on for the Team DH (I know it cracked too).

Gopedguy

Chimp
Jul 23, 2020
thanks for all the replies. I will definitely post back when I get another trade offer.

What do y'all think of the 2005 kona stinky? I should have never sold it.

Also, where is the best place to find a local trade for a bike? I have a lot of stuff I've been trying to trade. Here is my cl post if you're in the bay area by chance.

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
That Team DH was the last bike Specialized made in the USA I believe......my wife had one I rode it down Tunnel a number of times.

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
As far as I know, specialized was never made in the USA. Maybe they had some weird thing going on where they worked a deal with Intense or something. A buddy of mine had a Haro/Specialized/Intense. Maybe you're thinking of something like that?

englertracing

you owe me a sandwich
Mar 5, 2012
La Verne
sell your moped and buy a more modern like 2010+ bike from pinkbike.com

And don't buy a damn dual crown bike because you think it looks cool.... not for casual trail riding....

See how the modern enduro beat it by a bit?
Your thinking "so what"
Yeah it beat it at its own game
The flater the trail or if any climbing is involved the more the enduro bike will smoke the dh bike.

Pedaling a dh bike on flat sux shit let alone climbing one.

Buy a bike geared towards your trails.

Go on pinkbike hit buy sell, hit complete bikes, click use desktop site at the bottom of the page if your on your phone, insert your max price let us know what ya find.

Gopedguy

Chimp
Jul 23, 2020
sell your moped and buy a more modern like 2010+ bike from pinkbike.com

And don't buy a damn dual crown bike because you think it looks cool.... not for casual trail riding....

See how the modern enduro beat it by a bit?
Your thinking "so what"
Yeah it beat it at its own game
The flater the trail or if any climbing is involved the more the enduro bike will smoke the dh bike.

Pedaling a dh bike on flat sux shit let alone climbing one.

Buy a bike geared towards your trails.

Go on pinkbike hit buy sell, hit complete bikes, click use desktop site at the bottom of the page if your on your phone, insert your max price let us know what ya find.
Thanks for the info. Will definitely avoid downhill bikes. And I'm gonna try to stay 2010 or newer. 2000-2005 is just way too old for the advancements that have been made.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
I sold an FSR Max Backbone frame with a BETD link and a Shark Fin for $200 (22,000yen) last month and spent the month previous following what FSRs were going for on E-Bay and it was around that. I sold a pair of those Jr T's for $140 (15,000 yen) about 2015 but they'd still be around that now. Personally I think $300 for that bike is fair but you'd be getting that bike cos you like retro mountain bikes and it looks fairly original not because you're getting back into riding.

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
As far as I know, specialized was never made in the USA. Maybe they had some weird thing going on where they worked a deal with Intense or something. A buddy of mine had a Haro/Specialized/Intense. Maybe you're thinking of something like that?
0.jpg

That was my Wife's it was a 2001 and just above the BB it had the Made In USA. Then they went full China the next year... :(((

Feb 21, 2020
SoCo Western Slope
Specialized made their own frames in SLC during the 90's in addition to farming out to Kinesis, so USA Speshy bikes did/do exist.

I had an M-something hard tail welded by Speshy in Utah that I bought in '91- '92 with a carbon wrapped Judy. :crazy:

Local service was pretty sweet back then too, you could drive to Morgan Hill and get all kinds of stuff out the back door...repaired frames, warranty parts, new tires, whatever the warehouse workers would trade for weed that day.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
View attachment 147914

That was my Wife's it was a 2001 and just above the BB it had the Made In USA. Then they went full China the next year... :(((

Mr dirt chainguide- ruined a few race runs for me over the years and man those husselfelt cranks- our team/ mostly me was burning through a case a week it seemed like. I still love that gen dorado, so sexy and loved cracking it back into place after twisting it!

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
Mr dirt chainguide- ruined a few race runs for me over the years and man those husselfelt cranks- our team/ mostly me was burning through a case a week it seemed like. I still love that gen dorado, so sexy and loved cracking it back into place after twisting it!
Truvativs where on there cause local and free. My DHR had Profiles on it, in fact, they where Profile SS if I recall. Also, had Monster Ts was close to 50lbs I would guess. Sort of like an Ebike but a lot stiffer......