Quantcast

What is Trails?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I believe I saw your video and if I am not mistaken, I may have spotted you riding a replica of sam reynolds DMR. White wall tires and everything. :busted:
Nope you're mistaken :D

I was putting checkerboard shelf paper on my bikes to hide scratches years before those DMRs came out.

But I might buy whitewall tires.......that's totally different and totally cool.

TheTruth

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2009
I'm waving. Can you see me now?

TortugaTonta

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
I saw the above trails in a vid before, and I have to say that they are the most amazing trails for being built in a flat field.

sealclubber

Monkey
Nov 21, 2007
damn that one tight right berm looks gnarly. and lol at the dude riding in what looks to be his boxer briefs

nyhc00

Monkey
Jul 19, 2010
CT
This place looks killer... and is within 40min of me but I dont know where and would be a bit nervous showing up on a MTB with the looks of the crowd

Cumby Trails on Vimeo
Cumberland, R.I. Go to Circuit BMX shop, the owner Vic is the main guy behind the trails. Never met him personally, but by all accounts from people I know that do know him, he/they are good dudes.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
This place looks killer... and is within 40min of me but I dont know where and would be a bit nervous showing up on a MTB with the looks of the crowd
Just do what I always do: show up in a white and red checkered halter top, some daisy dukes, a shovel in hand and a big cube of ****ty beer.

If it wasn't for that approach I never would have started dirtjumping!

Oh yeah.....be sure to shave.

Also: why does every single sweet east coast spot look like catty woods to me?

Last edited:

TheTruth

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2009
I'm waving. Can you see me now?
Just do what I always do: show up in a white and red checkered halter top, some daisy dukes, a shovel in hand and a big cube of ****ty beer.

If it wasn't for that approach I never would have started dirtjumping!

Oh yeah.....be sure to shave.

Also: why does every single sweet east coast spot look like catty woods to me?

That is because the east coast has that one of a kind digging style.

TortugaTonta

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Did you come down and ride? I helped them build the shark fin and I have to say that when I was standing at the top looking down at the landing I was thinking "really" then Adam busted it out before the landing was even done and I was like "oh, ok. I have a lot to learn ;)"

Robbo doing justice

Last edited:

TortugaTonta

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
It was a comp, but they are leaving the jumps. Its in Canal park Allentown. The city is into it and hoping the good kids stay and dig/ride to keep the bad kid from scaring the family types away. Its a awsome spot by the river but far enough off the beatin path to make it a little sketckey, you don't want to be there after dark.

Jul 29, 2009
I have read (watched) and reread (rewatched) this thread multiple times
Are there any DVDs that parallels or extends the inspiration and awe I get here?

Mutt

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Lost on Long Island
Did you come down and ride?
No :(. I had planned to both come down to help dig a couple days before and then ride, but I spent the whole week and weekend at the cleveland clinic instead. During the few weeks of the year no less that Rays is closed :(. A low point of a week for me.

[/QUOTE]I helped them build the shark fin [/QUOTE]

I'm jealous. I would love to have helped build that...... so I could recreated it at our trails here of course. I just wouldn't know how to space that kinda thing right on the first go. Pretty freakin great. Luckily it seems that I can ride it eventually if they are keeping it all up at canal park.

Was it just the Catty trails crew or did other area people chip in too?

And of course, the most important question........... did you get a picture of yourself with 'Cru Jones'???

TortugaTonta

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
No :(. I had planned to both come down to help dig a couple days before and then ride, but I spent the whole week and weekend at the cleveland clinic instead. During the few weeks of the year no less that Rays is closed :(. A low point of a week for me.
I helped them build the shark fin [/QUOTE]

I'm jealous. I would love to have helped build that...... so I could recreated it at our trails here of course. I just wouldn't know how to space that kinda thing right on the first go. Pretty freakin great. Luckily it seems that I can ride it eventually if they are keeping it all up at canal park.

Was it just the Catty trails crew or did other area people chip in too?

And of course, the most important question........... did you get a picture of yourself with 'Cru Jones'???[/QUOTE]

It might not look like it from pictures but it was like a 180 berm with the second half cut off. I am about 5'10" and I had to reach with the shovel to pack so maybe 7' tall? When we were roughing in the landing we measured 16' from the end of the shark fin to the lip of the landing, but it looks like they may have built the landing up so it could have been shorter in the final version. There was a long low skipper going in and I really didn't think there would be enough speed but I was obviously wrong because they had no problems hitting it. I plan on building a pussified version for my trails in the spring and probably work up to that size, I don't have the confidence in my abilities to just bang that thing out.

I only had 1 day I could go help dig and didn't go up for the comp, just stayed home to get every last run out of my trails before winter.

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
It was a comp, but they are leaving the jumps. Its in Canal park Allentown. The city is into it and hoping the good kids stay and dig/ride to keep the bad kid from scaring the family types away. Its a awsome spot by the river but far enough off the beatin path to make it a little sketckey, you don't want to be there after dark.
That's really cool that the town is going to leave the jumps up and running. Will it just be that main contest line or would they add some more mellow items?

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
If you can find them - Anthem, SOIL, and Rythym.
just saw that Anthem II is in the new dans cat. it comes with another disc that includes Scum '1201' and 'lights out', Anthem, Push 'tweekers', fbm '1 footed dead-sailor', and soil. Buy Anthem 2!

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
just saw that Anthem II is in the new dans cat. it comes with another disc that includes Scum '1201' and 'lights out', Anthem, Push 'tweekers', fbm '1 footed dead-sailor', and soil. Buy Anthem 2!
Wow - just googled it and supposed to be a release party in Austin in Novemeber.

I haven't purchased a DVD vid in a long time - but this will be my next. Soil?! That's awesome news - you Cali boys will love that one. Scum 1201 is a classic I've never seen and will be stoked to view. Just made my day there Stoked