Quantcast

What is Trails?

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
i meant to take one, but totally forgot to. it's not 18 feet off the ground but it's 18 feet or so if you're standing at the base at the bottom of the hill. it's the biggest lander i've ever seen.
Oh, so you mean the landing is 50 ft long and not the jump? That makes more sense. :rofl: Still sounds like an impressive landing.

sealclubber

Monkey
Nov 21, 2007
my mom asked why there was a hole in my grip, (from carrying my shovel). gettin some nylon strap tmrw to make loops to hold a spade and a flat shovel in separate pouch-like ish on my backpack. this year is gonna be rad

edit: and werd to the above statement

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
cru - place is looking sweet. Is it better out there to have the pits to hold the moisture? Out here in the east those things would be filled with water most of the time.

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
cru - place is looking sweet. Is it better out there to have the pits to hold the moisture? Out here in the east those things would be filled with water most of the time.
Thanks. We mostly do it because we can. It seriously only rains during about one month (February) out of the year out here. This year we had more rain than normal and the pits were filled with water/mud during most of Jan and Feb. We could dig drainage... but I figure if it's wet enough to hold water, we should be digging anyway. Digging down makes it easier to get the flow right, easier to make step ups, and easier to make big jumps... it's waaaay easier to make a 10 foot tall landing that's 6 feet out of the ground and 4 feet down than it is to build it 10 feet above ground level. So, anyway, it's definitely not a method that could work everywhere, but it works for us! :thumb:

Rideforfun

Monkey
Nov 23, 2009
That stuff is EPICALLY huge. A lock and chain is how we finally stopped people riding our stuff when we weren't out there.